Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Spy Shots-Bedford Hills FD New Engine 199

17 posts in this topic

Looks great cant wait to see it in person...looks freaking huge, but the hose bed looks tiny? Anyone from the hills know how many feet of hose and of what type are going to be carried?

Also, will this replace 198 as first due?

wow that rig looks great well made pumper

Ok beat me up for asking but why is the generater on the pump operater side [fan noise] and the deck gun on the passeger side [ can't see that well, remote or not] ? Maybe there is a good reason can someone tell me.

Looks great cant wait to see it in person...looks freaking huge, but the hose bed looks tiny? Anyone from the hills know how many feet of hose and of what type are going to be carried?

I don't know yet what the response plan is, Bedford Hills has a structured and defined response. The hosebed is far from tiny, and will carry a variety of different hoses, sizes, and discharge appliances. This includes not only the hosebed, but a front trash line, crosslays, rolls stored in wells at the pump panel on both sides, and a pre-connected Blitzfire portable monitor.

Ok beat me up for asking but why is the generater on the pump operater side [fan noise] and the deck gun on the passeger side [ can't see that well, remote or not] ? Maybe there is a good reason can someone tell me.

Generator is hydraulic, noise is minimal. Deck gun is in the standard spot where it is on hundreds of engines.

Some specs, I will get more:

-Seating for eight (8) fire fighters

-Cummings ISM 500 without DPF or SCR

-Waterous 2000 GPM Dual Stage Pump

-Harrison 20KW Hydraulic Generator

-9000 Watt Wilburt Nightscan Light Tower.

Beautiful looking rig, is the hose bed similar sized to FDNY squads in width and height atlest? It appers to be.

Initially, I thought the hosebed was rediculously high, but the more you look at it, the more you realize it really isnt...very nice peice.

Wish my dept.'s upcoming squad could look like this.

Driving by BHFD HQ Friday I saw the new E199 in quarters.

Is BHFD keeping the old 199 as a spare or are they selling it?

Hopefully they are selling it. With two engines, a mini attack, and a pumper tanker they are covered and don't need a spare.

198 to respond first due out of water district, 199 first due in water district