Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Classic FDNY Incidents And Apparatus

20 posts in this topic

Got a heads up on this Flickr Photostream from another site. Some awesome retro FDNY photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64984462@N06/

That's Willy D's work. He sent all of that to me on disk, and I was wondering how it could all be put up on the web. Kudos to whomever did it, GREAT work Willy. Thanks for the link! B)

Ahhh yes the work of the great willy d. I know him from another board and he is a great guy, a guy I am lucky enough to call a friend.

sfrd18 likes this

Awesome shots Willy! Keep up the great work!

What fire house was the Super Pumper stationed out of?

Both the Super Pumper and Super Tender were originally housed at Engine 211 at 26 Hooper St. in Brooklyn from their creation in 1965 until 1972, when it moved to Engine 207 at 172 Tillary St. in Brooklyn. It remained there until being disbanded in 1975. They were originally their own company and staffed like any other, but eventually became a cross-staffed company due to budget buts.

Great shots. I'm SURE this has been asked before, but isn't one of those ALF/Salisbury rescues the current Putnam County HAZMAT 1 rig?

Both the Super Pumper and Super Tender were originally housed at Engine 211 at 26 Hooper St. in Brooklyn from their creation in 1965 until 1972, when it moved to Engine 207 at 172 Tillary St. in Brooklyn. It remained there until being disbanded in 1975. They were originally their own company and staffed like any other, but eventually became a cross-staffed company due to budget buts.

SuperPumper was disbanded/taken out of service in 1982.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!

That's right, my bad. I don't know why I put '75.

That's right, my bad. I don't know why I put '75.

It's a sign of character when a man can readily admit his mistakes.

Anybody ever tell you, you look like Steve McQueen?

Great shots. I'm SURE this has been asked before, but isn't one of those ALF/Salisbury rescues the current Putnam County HAZMAT 1 rig?

Yup- AH-8301- 1983 American Lafrance/ Saulsbury. Served as Hazmat in the City.

That's Willy D's work. He sent all of that to me on disk, and I was wondering how it could all be put up on the web. Kudos to whomever did it, GREAT work Willy. Thanks for the link! B)

Ahhh yes the work of the great willy d. I know him from another board and he is a great guy, a guy I am lucky enough to call a friend.

It's a sign of character when a man can readily admit his mistakes.

The guy who posted these photos for me is "R1SmokeEater". A great guy whos on the job working in the Yonkers Fire Dept.

As for the great work by Willy "D", if you heard Willy "D" can walk on water, its not true. But I certainly appreciate the kind words. I was just very lucky to be able to have the time to photograph these rigs.

And yes, he does look like Steve McQueen to me too George.

Finally, I think you might find that "R1Smoke..." posted several of these on this site earlier under "Protection from the Past".

And yes, you just gotta love those Macks.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

Edited by nfd2004
PCFD ENG58, efdcapt115 and sfrd18 like this

What can I say? He's the king of cool. B)

The guy who posted these photos for me is "R1SmokeEater". A great guy whos on the job working in the Yonkers Fire Dept.

He's got some great YouTube videos too!

Edited by sfrd18

one photo I have of it

post-917-0-21431100-1318913123.jpg

efdcapt115, sfrd18 and x129K like this