Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DWC295

American Medical Response new ambulances and graphics

27 posts in this topic

Posted today on AMR's Facebook page. Interesting graphics, big change from previous trucks. Large star of life is interesting. I guess this is the new national scheme, these trucks are from Nashua, NH. I haven't seen any down here in MA yet.

"Check out the new AMR ambulances. Coming soon to an operation near you!"

Photo downloaded from AMR's facebook account.

post-21149-0-27504500-1320791852.jpg

sfrd18 likes this

Not too fond of the new graphics. I like AMR's current scheme. Nice, simple, and to the point.

Saw a newly refurbished unit similar to that at AMR-New Haven today for some Incident Management Team business. Very sharp paint scheme. I wish I had my camera while I was down there to get a picture of their Mobile Command Center, it looks straight out of the movie Stripes.

Only difference I saw in the AMR buses was it doesn't say "EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES" or anything on the side of the box like these do.

I like the new scheme. I thought the old one was a little too basic.

Are all of the new AMR going to come with chevrons and a box body as opposed to the van?

I remembered an article from a few years that AMR had partnered with AEV to produce a safety concept ambulance. Link to that article is below. Second link is to the updated safety concept vehicle. Does look like they have a preferred manufacturer. I wonder if they are going to shop around with manufacturers for different areas of the country.

www.emsworld.com/news/10408381/third-next-generation-safety-concept-ambulance-unveiled-by-amr-and-aev

www.amr.net/About-AMR/Safety-Concept-Vehicle.aspx

Only difference I saw in the AMR buses was it doesn't say "EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES" or anything on the side of the box like these do.

I think "AH, MY RIDE!" was also shot down. :D

Izzy, I think there was a plan to put 777-7777 on all the new units... *Ducks for cover*

Seriously though, AMR-New Haven will NOT be buying any more Sprinters, apparently the fuel costs were higher than anticipated. Not sure if that's a corporate-wide policy, regional or just New Haven.

In waterbury CT we have 1 sprinter and theres many reasons we only have 1 lol, lets say when your assigned it your first thing its trying to pawn it off or switch it with another crew, as for chevrons and such we have received 2-3 new vans in the last 24 months and there is no chevrons just ALL leds and the new ford grill.

joe it's not ah my ride it's aye my ride!!!! lol but then again realistically the whole system is abused on a serious note

I work part time as a paramedic for AMR in Cheyenne WY. As someone noted, the "new" scheme looks a lot like the AMR/AEV concept ambulance scheme I remember seeing a number of years (3 or 4) ago. I also have seen pictures of AMR ambulances out of Colorado Springs / El Paso County CO with a paint scheme that looks very much like the new one (http://www.facebook.com/COSCES?sk=photos). Our scheme looks like "none of the above".

For years, we ran van ambulances with the standard white AMR scheme. I found a good series of pictures [they aren't mine] that shows our current graphics from flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ral11us/5310153078/in/set-72157626790584267/lightbox/ - there are 7 pictures here). All 10 of our 911 ambulances are mods now, although MS160 (the unit in the pictures) is slightly larger than the others. One of the trucks (MS151) is the only Ford (about a 2006 or so) left in the 911 fleet (and it is painted with the old white scheme). The balance are on Chevy/Duramax chassis; they are all 2009 models. There are always a few other trucks floating around (wheelchair vans, extra ambulances during Frontier Days etc).

The way our system is setup is that the contract is managed by the Cheyenne/Laramie County Joint Powers Board. The board represents of all the agencies we answer to (Cheyenne Fire, CRMC [the hospital], the county fire agencies, county EMA etc). As I recall,the contract specified that we run mods, as well as the graphics (I think MS151 got grandfathered). All the Chevys are painted like MS160. Red, chevrons on the back, logo on the box is the joint powers board, and the AMR logo is on the truck doors.

Laramie County includes the city of Cheyenne (the city of Laramie is in Albany County), which is the state capitol, and FE Warren AFB. It is about 2,700 square miles - not the biggest or smallest county in the state, kind of average size. I think we run about 12,000 calls/year. The calls are a mixture of 911 as well as transfers (often to the Denver area specialty hospitals). AMR provides the ALS ambulance service for all of it. There are a few volunteer ambulance services in Eastern Laramie County. Albin and Burns each have a BLS ambulance. Depending on the available personnel, Pine Bluffs ambulance may be BLS or ALS. Cheyenne Fire runs ALS engines; the county fire departments respond on all EMS calls in their areas, and are BLS. Some of the AMR paramedics (like me) are also on county departments; if we are on the call, and the ambulance crew wants another medic, we can switch hats and work as AMR medics for the duration of the call.

-mike

Izzy, I think there was a plan to put 777-7777 on all the new units... *Ducks for cover*

And you forgot 333-3333 for Bridgeport and 666-6666 for Hartford!!!! LOL

Joey I forgot about that! Though "Aye" was the Canadian version! LOL

And you forgot 333-3333 for Bridgeport and 666-6666 for Hartford!!!! LOL

Joey I forgot about that! Though "Aye" was the Canadian version! LOL

That would be "Here's your ride, eh?"

My question is, how long will it take Rock's "finest" *cough* I mean, AMR's newest employees to place these O.O.S....

The Rural/Metro division serving Sumter County, FL has a new style of truck and a different color/graphics scheme from what was previously used in Central Florida. The Sumter operation only went on line this past fall after R/M took over the contract from the previous community based provider. The Sumter units are brand new Type 3 modulars on the Chevy/GMC van chassis. The box is quite large with a nice lighting package. Gone are the Ford based "mini modulars". The color scheme is a bright blue with the Chevrons on the back. "Sumter County Emergency Medical Services" is emphasized (there's even the county seal on the cab doors)and "operated by Rural/Metro Ambulance" is in very fine print. There is also a really sharp Chevy Tahoe command vehicle. I believe this is the same color/graphics scheme as some of their operations out west.

Rural/Metro's regional headquarters in Orlando also has the new trucks, although in the familiar R/M color scheme of white with lime yellow stripes and blue lettering.

Phil

Our division just got 7 of these Type IIIs with the new graphics, unfortunately I am working nights right now I have not be able to get any photos...

A friend of mine works in the Ventura County operation posted photos of their Type IIs (vans) with the new scheme...

I would like to see these photos when you can get them! I saw a new Type II outside of Wellesley, MA fire headquarters last weekend and it had a different scheme for colors. White vehicle with red that goes up side and a small star of life in it. I didn't have my camera to grab a picture. There was no light bar either, just the primary lights that looked like some interest combo of mutilple LEDs in a single light panel.

Edited by DWC295

And "Ambulance Might Respond" B)

I like the new graphics/color scheme and lighting package. I will have to look out for it, although AMR does not have a presence in my part of Central FL.

Phil

*delete*

Edited by Ladder44

Heres a few from earlier this evening sorry there sideways idk how to rotate them.

post-815-0-62141600-1330992530.jpeg

post-815-0-96926600-1330992565.jpeg

post-815-0-10692200-1330992588.jpeg