Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tommyguy

Let's Get Engine 306 a New Kitchen

90 posts in this topic

How does a dept with one station and population of 30,000 maintain such a significant lead? Weird. Something not right!

PFDRes47cue and x129K like this

How does a dept with one station and population of 30,000 maintain such a significant lead? Weird. Something not right!

That's what I'm thinking. It appears the site has something more advanced that a cookie-system. My guess is it logs your IP address and only lets that IP vote once per day. It's a little more difficult than deleting a cookie, but there are definitely people that know how to mask/change their IP address and vote as many times as they want.

The less cynical way of thinking about it is that they might just be better at reaching out to their community. This forum alone really isn't that big.

Edited by Alpinerunner
sfrd18 likes this

You r right. I know the dept suffered massive cuts and prob have lots of public support. Still have some doubts tho!

You r right. I know the dept suffered massive cuts and prob have lots of public support. Still have some doubts tho!

I've voted every day I can. Yet, they're still in 2nd Place. Lets Go Yonkers Engine Co 306!

Palos Fire Protection District Station #1

74025 Votes

Yonkers Engine Co. 306

59335 Votes

Come on 306!

Voted again.

Palos FPD Station # 1: 80,663

YFD Engine 306: 64,089

Let's put 306 in 1st place!

I don't want to sound like a sore sport but something is definitely not right.

Plus the place looks like a palace compared to Station Six.

Guess we just gotta keep votin'

What really surprises me is that Squad 61 only has 14700 votes.

You would think that becuase they are part of the largest FD in the world, that they would be in competetion with the others.

You would think that becuase they are part of the largest FD in the world, that they would be in competetion with the others.

No worries, with my daily vote, I get them that much deserved kitchen.

Doesnt surprise me in the least bit, and not for nothing, but I think its right we let another department that doesnt get much support as it is, have some funding/charity sent their way. The largest departments always get the most funding and support, lets not forget about the other Bravest/Finest out there who need the same recognition and support. That being said, I too, think there is something a little fugazzi about this voting procedure. Where the hell is Palos anyways?! GO YONKERS!

x129K likes this

I voted again (still 20,000 votes behind the other Fire Department (I too think that the "Fix" is in). PS - When/If the time comes to vote for a new Kitchen at Station 11, I wonder what the video to push for the vote for that house would be and the music score behind the video? (Probably some Ladies with British Accents and Businessmen with suits walking down Bronxville Road, coming home from work from the Train Station in Bronxville, pushing for the staff at Station 11 to get a New Kitchen with some type of musical score from composer John Williams). Goes to show what a cultural diversity the City of Yonkers has.

sfrd18 likes this

I voted again (still 20,000 votes behind the other Fire Department (I too think that the "Fix" is in). PS - When/If the time comes to vote for a new Kitchen at Station 11, I wonder what the video to push for the vote for that house would be and the music score behind the video? (Probably some Ladies with British Accents and Businessmen with suits ywalking down Bronxville Road, coming home from work from the Train Station in Bronxville, pushing for the staff at Station 11 to get a New Kitchen with some type of musical score from composer John Williams). Goes to show what a cultural diversity the City of Yonkers has.

Great point. I remember one tour in the summer we (r1) had a run across town to bronxville p.o. almost hit two deer near sara Lawrence college. Ten minutes later back in our 1st due district, the sound of gunshots. Talk about extreme. Gotta love it! Granite counter tops, sub zero fridge and a viking stove would look great at the squad. Lol.

sfrd18 and x129K like this

306 is still 18,000 down.

Got my vote in for the day.

Great point. I remember one tour in the summer we (r1) had a run across town to bronxville p.o. almost hit two deer near sara Lawrence college. Ten minutes later back in our 1st due district, the sound of gunshots. Talk about extreme. Gotta love it! Granite counter tops, sub zero fridge and a viking stove would look great at the squad. Lol.

That sounds about perfect for cooking up one of those deer! I'd even come down and make you all a venison dinner to die for...bacon wrapped backdtraps...garlic potatoes..cesar sald...veggies....and nice cold....MILK! LOL

Edited by jack10562
210 likes this

That sounds about perfect for cooking up one of those deer! I'd even come down and make you all a venison dinner to die for...bacon wrapped backdtraps...garlic potatoes..cesar sald...veggies....and nice cold....MILK! LOL

Count me in! I have a freezer full of the stuff, no need for road kill.

Edited by jack10562
x129K likes this

Not sure what the rules on "donations" are, but it looks to me that if everyone that voted dropped a buck in the boot instead, they could put in a kitchen that the devil himself, Gordon Ramsey, would be proud to curse in. I've been voting on this like an Atlantic City Republican, frequently and often. :rolleyes:

Just kidding, but in all seriousness, those guys need a kitchen badly.

Edited by Stepjam

Voted again today, but again looking like 16,000 votes still behind (Something Screwy :blink: (PS - Seeing how bad Station 6's Kitchen/Oven is in, I wonder what Station 10's Kitchen and Oven is like, given both are the oldest Fire Stations in the City)

Just voted!

Firefighters in Yonkers hope to win a new kitchen

YONKERS — For decades, the firefighters of Engine Company 306 had to cook in a kitchen with faulty appliances, no cabinets, walls full of holes and frequent rodent infestations.

Full Lohud Article + Pictures

:o

One of the FUNNIEST friggin video's i've seen in a long time!!!!!! This is why I love working in the Ghetto! Love the EDP running around out front of quarters yelling "VOTE"!!!!!!!!:D

Kudo's to whoever made this!!!!!!

x129K likes this

One of the FUNNIEST friggin video's i've seen in a long time!!!!!! This is why I love working in the Ghetto! Love the EDP running around out front of quarters yelling "VOTE"!!!!!!!!:D

Kudo's to whoever made this!!!!!!

What about the EDP cheerleading at the lingerie football :lol:

What about the EDP cheerleading at the lingerie football :lol:

Was that you!? LOL!