Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sailr322

Westchester County Fire Academy Graduation

18 posts in this topic

http://www.LoHud.com/article/20120719/NEWS/307190105/Westchester-128-new-volunteer-firefighters-graduate-tonight?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

Congratulations to all the men and women graduating tonight. A congratulations also to the 16 individuals who will be graduating tomorrow morning and joining the professional ranks of several Westchester departments.

peterose313, BFD1054, sfrd18 and 1 other like this

Why did the county police spokesman have a quote in the article?

x4093k likes this

Congratulations to all

Edited by RJB896
x4093k likes this

Why did the county police spokesman have a quote in the article?

They have to stand out/ make themselves visible somehow.. Don't they..

Congrats to the class, stay safe wherever the road leads you.

Congratulations to my son Andy [ Rescue 40 ] on graduating from the Firefighter one class along with the other 17 from Port Chester Fire that also did tonight.

Sailr322, BFD1054, x129K and 3 others like this

Glad both Astorino and Cullen both found the time to get out for this, they never made it to the EMS awards. Congratulations to the graduates.

Couldn't agree more.

guys, i dont mean to sound like a complainer or whatever people call it these days, but saying congrats to ME or congrats to these certain people, is a bit rude to all the other brave men and women who completed it and took the challenge "your" people did to. i was suprised to see some of us that have been in the fire services for decades to write something like that.

so, to say it the correct way, congrats to ALL firefighters who took the course yet another job well done folks.

Edited by 2231*
99subi, x4093k and sfrd18 like this

Congratulations to everyone on their accomplishments and welcome to the brotherhood!

x4093k likes this

guys, i dont mean to sound like a complainer or whatever people call it these days, but saying congrats to ME or congrats to these certain people, is a bit rude to all the other brave men and women who completed it and took the challenge "your" people did to. i was suprised to see some of us that have been in the fire services for decades to write something like that.

so, to say it the correct way, congrats to ALL firefighters who took the course yet another job well done folks.

Frankly, I couldn't agree with you more. It's like you read my mind. VERY well said. Thank you.

I understand where your coming from but with all due respect, I don't find anything wrong with a guy congratulating his son or the members of his department. Congratulations to all.

x4093k and 2231* like this

Was everybody in the same class? Sounds like a lot with the facilities at Westchester. And a lot of instructors it would take to do a class of over 100.

Was everybody in the same class? Sounds like a lot with the facilities at Westchester. And a lot of instructors it would take to do a class of over 100.

No, it was one graduation ceremony for several classes.

It is just like when the 5th graders "graduate" to the middle school. Hopefully the majority will continue their education. because FF1 and Survival is not elimentary school, its closer to Kindergarden. I also hope we are not wasting lots of money on training individuals who will not stick with it. When one looks at the thousands of graduates over the past few years, there should be no shortage of personnel, but we see the overall staffing numbers are still dropping.

Good luck as you complete the very 1st step in becoming a firefighter.

M' Ave likes this

They have to stand out/ make themselves visible somehow.. Don't they..

It's because of his initiative to reach out to the Journal News and issue a press release this "story" even made it to the paper and you guys have something to say about it?

Maybe if someone from DES took the initiative our emergency service "brethren" wouldn't have to get all bent out of shape over absolutely nothing.

Kieran is the PIO for both WCDPS and WCDES....some of u have way to much time on ur hands! CONGRAT'S TO ALL...

x129K likes this

Best of luck to all...remember your training and be safe!!!

x4093k likes this