Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bad box

Westboro Baptist Church to picket memorial for Arizona FF's

11 posts in this topic

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/westboro-baptist-church-picket-firefighters-memorial-article-1.1391708

I hope that there is a massive turnout of decent Americans both to show respect to the deceased and their families as well as to disrupt, block and drown out the lowlifes who represent the Westboro Baptist Church.

JM15 and FFPCogs like this

Is there anything they don't picket these days?

One thing they do is frequently annouce they are going to protest notable funerals.

Another thing they frequently do is not show up.

fitzjr11 and SageVigiles like this

Best thing to do is to ignore them and their ilk. They'll eventually go away into the shadows.

One thing they do is frequently annouce they are going to protest notable funerals.

Another thing they frequently do is not show up.

There is another reported motivation, which may make the 1st concept (while a good one) not effective.

It has been reported that there real motivation is litigation,they want to be able to sue for loss of there rights to protest.

I suspect they are looking to see what the response will be and if it helps orhurts their goal

There is another reported motivation, which may make the 1st concept (while a good one) not effective.

It has been reported that there real motivation is litigation,they want to be able to sue for loss of there rights to protest.

I suspect they are looking to see what the response will be and if it helps orhurts their goal

I have heard this also. They are nothing more than a mail order ministry.

The 1st Amendment is what it is and I support it 100%.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

As we can see it guarantees freedom of speech and assembly ...even offensive, disrespectful and down right idiotic speech by a gathering of libelous lunatics. But far better to let these A-holes gather and spew their nonsense, blocked in the streets by the multitude exercising their freedom of assembly, than to open the door to government censorship and the freedoms we would lose (and one could argue the present Administration is bent on taking)

Edited by FFPCogs
Chkpoint, JM15, Bnechis and 2 others like this

Controversy and media attention is what these “fringe” groups feed off of, the best way we can honor our fallen brothers is by ignoring these groups.

Edited by streetdoc
FFPCogs likes this

I have heard this also. They are nothing more than a mail order ministry.

I'm not sure ministry is the correct word. In most sane people's minds the term ministry will relate to the teachings of the Lord (or God, Mohammed, Allah whatever your religion be) - namely tolerance and forgiveness. I think domestic terrorist is a better description.

Sooner or later one of these people is going to die. Or, one of their parents or children will die. I am next to useless on a computer, but I am told that there are sites that let you put in a name, and when the obituary is posted, it e-mails you.

I for one would eagerly take a day off from work and pay travel and hotel expenses to protest at THEIR funeral!! I ask that anyone who can discover the names of these folks and tell us when they die please do so, with the funeral arrangements. Might take a year or so, but no one lives forever, and we should all be waiting!