Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tapout

Please sign this Extreme Makeover: Home Edition petition

54 posts in this topic

Signing this might get the house that was destroyed by the Continental Airlines flight re-built by ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It's the least anyone can do for the family of the man in the house who was killed that night, right? Thanks in advance to anyone who signs it.... :D

http://www.petitiononline.com/Hope4You/

Done. Maybe include a memorial of some sort to honor all the others that perished in this tragedy.

Edited by PVFD113

DONE!

Glad to help, my signature is # 116892

Good Luck!

For anyone who signs it, please just add a fast reply to me to keep the link on the main topic board. Otherwise, no one will see it. Thanks!

If your reasoning is to Bump the post, please refrain from that, it is agains the forum rules.

Excellent idea!

Edited by x648eng119

Done ..thoughts and prayersto the families of those who perished

this is a really good idea i hope the show picks the house

I hope alot fo people sign this it will I'm sure really help them out

done. good cause. maybe we could start one for the family that lost their house in the Bedford Hills Fire

117471 Good luck with a great cause.

117510. Let's keep it going.

Doesn't home insurance cover their loss?

I would imagine not if anything it would be the airline. Could be totally wrong?

Signed #117675

Just looked it up as long as it is a HO-2 or HO-3 policy they are covered:

According to Insure.com

An HO-2 policy covers 16 perils: Fire or lightning; windstorm or hail, explosion; riot or civil commotion; damage caused by aircraft; damage caused by vehicles; smoke; vandalism or malicious mischief; theft; volcanic eruption; falling objects; weight of ice, snow, or sleet; accidental discharge or overflow of water or steam from within a plumbing, heating, air conditioning, or automatic fire-protective sprinkler system, or from a household appliance; sudden and accidental tearing apart, cracking, burning, or bulging of a steam or hot water heating system, an air conditioning or automatic fire-protective system; freezing of a plumbing, heating, air conditioning or automatic, fire-protective sprinkler system, or of a household appliance; or sudden and accidental damage from artificially generated electrical current
Edited by Scottyk107

Doesn't home insurance cover their loss?

Yes, of course... but this show restores the memories lost and creates memorials within the house that honor those they are mourning. It's so much more than the exterior structure that was destroyed. It was their life together, their memories, their photos and mementos. This show is SO good at acknowledging all of those non-tangible losses, and they manage to restore it in a newer, bigger, better way every dang time they re-build.

Someday when I hit Megamillions Lotto, you're gonna see my cheesy face on this show, happily designing every single room from scratch, thanking all my EMTBravo brothers and sisters for getting me here to where I always wanted to be but had to keep the day job to pay all the dang bills instead. You'll see... seriously!

I believe this is a great idea and the thoughts are in the right place, but the Airline's Insurance and the law suit to follow will more them cover the costs to providing this family with a new home... by having EHM rebuild their home, it may take the blame or responsiblity from the airlines.... are they not the ones who should make right to the family who suffered this loss ?

I could see if the Airlines came away from this free and clear, then asking EHM to help them out is right, but this situation is totally different then the normal cases and may not apply.. in my opinion ( and not a lawyer or insurance dude ), this poor ( in loss only ) family will be well taken care of.... just my thoughts

I will sign up...

Best show on TV.....there is certainly a spot reserved in Heaven for all of them.

It is also a show, and a concept near and very dear to many members here.

wow 119,500.... what a number, my Dept. radio user number is 119 - 5 you can't make this stuff up

I was one of the first to sign but didnt know we had to post here. Just wanted to help out.

Signed; a great idea.

Done. #119938. This thread is for the benefit of a family that suffered a terrible tragedy. We, the members of EMTBravo are joining together and trying to help a family in need. If trying to keep this thread current is against EMTBravo policy, I just don't understand why. I'm not bashing any moderators, but please show some consideration in an instance such as this. Exceptions to rules should be made for extenuating circumstances such as this.