Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Hurricane-like snowstorm aims for Northeast

34 posts in this topic

Get ready. It sounds like this could be one doozy of a storm, packing 70 mph winds, and blizard conditons. Is your department making plans for stand-bys? Are you readying your equipment, calling in manpower, making sure you have everything you need?

http://www.accuweather.com/regional-news-story.asp?region=eastusnews

Thank god im OOS lol.

Unfortunately, ill be missing a LOT of much needed OT.

We've had a relatively calm winter so far. Looks like Mother Nature is gonna lay the smack down before Spring arrives lol.

Stay safe everyone.

Let's hope it's all snow. Could be a real miss if it's not.

http://www.recordonl.../NEWS/100229832

Orange County: 12-18 inches of snow possible. 7-11 Thursday Day + 3 to 5 Thursday night

Sullivan County: 10-18

Ulster County 6-16

NYC: 7-13 "Locally Higher amounts" in Putnam and Westchester

http://www.weather.c...e=KOKX&etn=0004

http://www.weather.c...e=KOKX&etn=0004

Please remember to be careful.

Edited by v85

Are you readying your equipment, calling in manpower, making sure you have everything you need?

Yes, yes, and yes. B)

The only question is when to start the stand-by...

As long as it's not that rain soaked snow we had last night.

That crap is heavy!!!

What would winter be in New York without at least one heck of a snow storm. Granted this would be number 2, although more serious then the last; it just wouldn't be New York without it. Hope everyone stays safe and somewhat warm.

Get ready. It sounds like this could be one doozy of a storm, packing 70 mph winds, and blizard conditons. Is your department making plans for stand-bys? Are you readying your equipment, calling in manpower, making sure you have everything you need?

http://www.accuweather.com/regional-news-story.asp?region=eastusnews

Are you rubbing it in?

post-4772-126705002007.jpg

efdcapt115 likes this

It is supposed to snow until Sunday in Burlington, VT.

Way over a foot since last night and much more on the way.

Edited by bvfdjc316

what are the snow totals so far around the area i have about 3 inches in east fishkill at my house

My father tells me its snowing in Westchesta already. Hopefully we get some of this up in CT,

Around 8 new inches of snow in Warwick. Not including the snow from Yesterday. Forecast says up to 20 inches by the time this ends on Friday. Winter Weather Warning until 6 PM on Friday.

Edited by v85

OC-911 just announced that the Orange County Executive has declared a State of Emergency in Orange county from 1800-0700 Tomorrow. No non essential traffic is to be on the roadways

This is the kind of storm where

1. The Chains get put on the rigs early

2. The City/Town/Village Snow Plows work to keep the entrances and driveways of all of the Firehouses and Ambulances clear

3. Forget about getting any of the back roads touch until mid morning tomorrow

4. Any Volley Fire/Ambulance Personnel better get to their respective houses and plan on staying the night

5. Some Idiot will certainly make an attempt to drive in this weather to get somewhere when they really don't have to go, and get stuck or worse

6. Cities in Westchester/Rockland/Putnam/Orange and Dutchess Counties have their DPW Personnel driving "Garbage Trucks" equiped with Snow Plows

Over a foot In Monroe.......

2 inches at best in the Poughquag, hee,hee :rolleyes:

The National Weather service has extended the Winter Weather Warning for Orange County from 6PM Friday to 6AM Saturday.

Also, just to clarify a previous post, the 8 new inches was as of around noon. Its probably over a foot by now.

About 5" in yonkers.. All rain in new rochelle... Its going to be a long.. long weekend..

Just a sloppy mess of a mix here in the Bronx..I'm not impressed.

Greetings from grass lake mi... I hear this storm is pretty bad yall be careful out there...and stay safe.

Just about all of Garrison has no power. Trees are going down all over. We outside refilling one of the rigs with fuel and could hear the trees in the woods cracking and falling. Got to be up there in accumulation, 10 inches plus. Why are all these idiots still on the roads.

not a snowflake in sight in Hamden CT. lots of rain today though. calm now. I hear Okemo mountain in VT got 26 inches! looking forward to that! new Skis are due to deliver monday!;)

Insanity here in Sussex County NJ. We are getting wild snow totals and the blowing winds have made clean up ops very difficult. The snow is a consistency that also is extremely difficult to plow.

According to NOAA, 6 to 10 more to come.

I-84 closed both directons Newburgh to Brewster; State of emergency in Wappinger

Metro-North Railroad trains are delayed 30 to 90 minutes, I-84 is closed both direction from Newburgh to Brewster, and about 54,000 Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corp. customers--just under half--don't have power in Dutchess County. Another 31,000 customers lost power in Ulster County and nearly all local school districts are closed today after a second winter storm dumped more heavy snow on the mid-Hudson Valley.

From the Poughkeepsie journal site, also I got a facebook message from a former co-worker that parts of southern Dutchess has 36" of snow!!! Listened to East Fishkill last night those poor guys couldn't get around anywhere, Good luck to all my brothers and sisters out and about, be safe!