Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Apparatus Deliveries

34 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any info or photos on Arlingtons new engine that was delivered last month or Hughsonvilles new refurbed ladder? Also anyone here know what kind of rig New Hamburg is replacing their older utility with?

Arlintons new engine is at the shops as well as the new ambulance. Arlingtons new tower should be in very soon as well. New engine will hopefully be in service by the end of July. once I upload my camera I will add photos.

Does anyone have any info or photos on Arlingtons new engine that was delivered last month or Hughsonvilles new refurbed ladder? Also anyone here know what kind of rig New Hamburg is replacing their older utility with?

Word on the street is that HFD's ladder is in, just out being painted.

Arlington 32-15 is in the process of training, and outfitting, before being placed in service. Below are some pics, and the specs are thanks to DCJPells.

2010 Spartan Gladiator Ferrara

5 Seats

Rescue Pumper

Cummins ISM 450 HP

Allison Automatic Transmission

1500 GPM

500 Gallons water

20 Gallons Foam cell

Foam Pro 2001 foam system at two discharges

1 100’ trash line on bumper

3 Speedlays 2x1 ¾” 1x2”

Remote operated deck gun

Rear

1000 feet 5”

Apartment Lay 200’ preconnected 3” to gated Water thief with preconnected 2”

BlitzFire on dead load

400 feet 2 ½ preconnected with smoothbore

10 KVW Generator pto hydraulic

Wilburt Light Tower

Intec rear backup camera

1x 24’, 1x16’ roof, 1x folding ladders on ladder retractable ladder rack

Edited1.jpg

Edited2.jpg

CIMG1037.jpg

Edited3.jpg

32-46, the new Tower Ladder is in the final stages at Ferrara, can be viewed at the below link:

http://www.ferrarafire.com/CustomerSupport/InProduction/pages/4413/4413.html

Thanks for the info and pics.

New Hamburg Fire District is not replacing the old "utility" ( 53-61) There is only a very small need for this type apparatus in the district , if we do need one we will call for mutual aid .

Oh ok, the only reason I asked was cause I saw on the NHFD site that there was a new one coming soon in 2010. Thanks.

Definately a unique pumper, best of luck with it Arlington.

I like the built-in compartment for the Hooks on the side of the Tower Ladder, very cool idea.

The new 32-46 was spotted, along with the current 32-46.

Type: HD-100 Rear Mount Platform

Chassis: Ferrara Igniter custom fire chassis; Extreme duty front bumper; Cummins ISM-500; Long 4-door cab with 8” notched raised roof; Dual a/c systems; Seating for 6; Exterior roof hook storage in rear cab extension; Color backing camera with LCD monitor

Aerial: 3-section rear mount aerial platform; 100’ vertical reach; 500 pound tip load flowing 1500 GPM; 1000 pound tip load dry; 1500 GPM waterway; TFT Typhoon monitor with radio remote controls; Parapet roof ladder bracket; 500 pound rappelling arm front of platform; Two 500 pound lifting eyes under platform; Two Fire Research 500 watt landing lights under platform; Blue LED rung illumination

Body: Heavy duty extruded aluminum; No Pump/No Tank body style; Transverse compartments ahead of and over the torque box; Stokes/backboard storage in L2 compartment; Custom shelves, tool boards and trays; Spare SCBA storage over rear wheels; ISO ground ladders

Special Features: Whelen Super LED warning lights; Whelen Super LED traffic advisor; On Scene Solutions LED compartment lights; Zico stabilizer pad locator lights; Onan 10kW hydraulic generator;

45382_282987269990_500429990_943193_3781307_n.jpg

is it just me or does it look like there is a window floating above the truck.

Its just you. Get your eyes checked :blink:

Its just you. Get your eyes checked :blink:

i dont think so everyone i showed the pic of the tower too siad the same thing.

is it just me or does it look like there is a window floating above the truck.

Let me guess; they hung the window there to practice spotting the aerial platform....? Or someone is messing with us using Photoshop. Or it's a very odd backboard for an even odder basketball hoop....

Let me guess; they hung the window there to practice spotting the aerial platform....?

Correct.

Any AFD members know how long that has been up there? It has been as long as I can remember.

Laddertower.jpg

is this photoshopped or did they take the "TOWER LADDER" off the sides. Now I can't tell what kind of apparatus it is :P

is this photoshopped or did they take the "TOWER LADDER" off the sides. Now I can't tell what kind of apparatus it is :P

you are correct, one picture has tower ladder on the officer side rear roll ups while the other picture does not.

you are correct, one picture has tower ladder on the officer side rear roll ups while the other picture does not.

It was on there when I took the picture yesterday, and today when I saw it.

I personally like it better with out the "tower ladder" If you can't figure that out on your own there are bigger problems.

Let me guess; they hung the window there to practice spotting the aerial platform....? Or someone is messing with us using Photoshop. Or it's a very odd backboard for an even odder basketball hoop....

It's for vent enter search training :lol:

remember to test the floor

I personally like it better with out the "tower ladder" If you can't figure that out on your own there are bigger problems.

It's for vent enter search training :lol:

remember to test the floor

VES.. :lol: good one!

Figures the photos go up of the rig and bang; there's your second alarm for Arlington yesterday...

Also, not to get obsessively technical, but with the lettering removed in the photo it's a good time to point out that this rig is not a Tower Ladder.....it's a Ladder Tower...I know, I know nobody wants to hear it, what's the difference, but there is a difference, and the vast majority of platform aerial devices out there are indeed Ladder Towers, even though most depts refer to them as TLs.......I guess it just rolls of the tongue easier saying it that way. Best Luck with the rig AFD. Anybody know if Joe T. is still in the shop for AFD?

Turborich likes this

VES.. :lol: good one!

Figures the photos go up of the rig and bang; there's your second alarm for Arlington yesterday...

Also, not to get obsessively technical, but with the lettering removed in the photo it's a good time to point out that this rig is not a Tower Ladder.....it's a Ladder Tower...I know, I know nobody wants to hear it, what's the difference, but there is a difference, and the vast majority of platform aerial devices out there are indeed Ladder Towers, even though most depts refer to them as TLs.......I guess it just rolls of the tongue easier saying it that way. Best Luck with the rig AFD. Anybody know if Joe T. is still in the shop for AFD?

What is the difference between a Laddet-Tower & a Tower-Ladder??

As far as I know Joe is still @ the shops. His son is also on the job at AFD.

What is the difference between a Laddet-Tower & a Tower-Ladder??

Some googling tells me that a Tower-ladder has a structural boom and an non-structural ladder on the boom (optional), while a ladder-tower has a structural ladder with a bucket/platform at the end.

efdcapt115 likes this

As far as I know Joe is still @ the shops. His son is also on the job at AFD.

Way cool. Joe is a good man. Thanks

Some googling tells me that a Tower-ladder has a structural boom and an non-structural ladder on the boom (optional), while a ladder-tower has a structural ladder with a bucket/platform at the end.

THX U

Chelsea just ordered a replacement pumper. We will be getting a KME custom 6 man cab. 1250 pump. 1000 gal tank. 8kw hydraulic generator. Delivery expected late spring 2011.

This will replace our 1993 KME/International. Pumper

Exactamundo.

Compare AFD's aerial to this new Seagrave Tower Ladder:

post-1020-034931800 1282659603.jpg

Turborich likes this

I always loved this tiller truck that goes sideways down the street. Check out the seating for a manning of 9.

post-1066-063978000 1282766991.jpg

I always loved this tiller truck that goes sideways down the street. Check out the seating for a manning of 9.

Where we going?? I don't know, but wee's on our way!