Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SWS1

Pocantico Hills FD New Chiefs Tahoe

20 posts in this topic

The Pocantico Hills FD, in Westchester County New York, has taken delivery of their new Chiefs vehicle following conversion by Specialty Warning Systems in Danbury, CT. Designated 2381, the 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe (Police Package) functions as the department chief's response vehicle and on scene command post.

As with most emergency vehicles today, the lighting package is 100% LED based incorporating a Whelen Freedom lightbar, six head Dominator in the front grille, 4" round Super LEDs in the front fog light housings, HideAway LEDs in the taillights, another Dominator in the rear cargo window and four red/white M4s, one on each outer bumper corner. Four split color LINZ6s were installed in the upper cargo door trim so as to be visible to oncoming traffic when the cargo door is raised. Three LED compartment lights are installed inside the cargo area for night operations. System control is by way of a 295SLSA6.

The 24 inch Havis console contains department low and high band radios as well as the county trunk radio. (All three have rear mounted remote heads in the cargo compartment). Dual 12V power outlets, storage box, side mounted armrest and dual cup holders were also incorporated into the console.

Exterior graphics include gold leaf striping and lettering, with red & white reflective elements.

Please watch our YouTube channel for the video when it gets posted

Specialty Warning Systems extends it's thanks to the Pocantico Hills FD for their confidence in us to provide their Chief's new response vehicle, and we look forward to working with them on additional projects in the years to come.

http://www.specialty...ingsystems.com/

http://www.youtube.c...n1?feature=mhee

post-7323-0-21042500-1321452399.jpg

post-7323-0-83676400-1321452424.jpg

post-7323-0-82921600-1321452451.jpg

post-7323-0-25294700-1321452475.jpg

post-7323-0-72158000-1321452489.jpg

post-7323-0-11796700-1321452508.jpg

post-7323-0-73118600-1321452525.jpg

post-7323-0-65580400-1321452553.jpg

post-7323-0-89510300-1321452573.jpg

firedude, x635, FF398 and 1 other like this

I like.

The red "ghost" stripe is very nice.

Good luck with it.

Like the trunk setup. Just Out of curiosity, is there any NFPA standards regarding Utilitys, or "cars?"

another great job done by specialty.

good luck to PHFD with the truck

how many runs does this dept get per year?

I don't have a number but, if I may... PHFD does a great job, especially with extrications. They are always well-trained, professional, and do a great job.

Great looking vehicle. Best of luck with it!

x129K, firedude and 99subi like this

What does that matter?

Nice car - good luck with it.

SRS131EMTFF likes this

What does that matter?

Why not, I'm just curious. Correct me if I'm wrong but i don't believe there is any rule against asking questions.

helicopper and PCFD ENG58 like this

Why not, I'm just curious. Correct me if I'm wrong but i don't believe there is any rule against asking questions.

You are correct. There is no rule against questions.

Members shouldn't criticize each other for doing so.

I agree that there is no rule against asking questions but if he interpreted it as I did it sounds as if you were trying to stir the pot a little.

SRS131EMTFF and x129K like this

I agree that there is no rule against asking questions but if he interpreted it as I did it sounds as if you were trying to stir the pot a little.

It was a question. Leave it at that. If the answer results in pot-stirring then it will be handled. Let's not criticize based on possible interpretations or what may happen some time in the future.

Great looking vehicle. Clean installation. Interesting concept of departing from placing the label of "Chief" anywhere on the vehicle.

Being I'm not from the area and haven't even heard of this town, I'm curious as well.

Being that I am from the area and never heard of the dept. I am curious how many runs a year also.

is it me or did the youtube link go to a flatbed presentation....?

They get a good amount of calls a year most r false alarms and mvas and m/a to surrounding towns. I know do to growing up there and my dad being a 30 year vet of the dept. RIP DAD