Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tommyguy

Let's Get Engine 306 a New Kitchen

90 posts in this topic

306 got my vote and will get more. What a disgrace on the City of Yonkers. Spano can justify money for parades, how about taken care of the guys who deserve a lot better.

306 got my vote and will get more. What a disgrace on the City of Yonkers. Spano can justify money for parades, how about taken care of the guys who deserve a lot better.

Let's give the new mayor a chance he's not even in two months yet. Thanks for voting, keep em coming, they deserve it!

sfrd18 and x129K like this

Are you sure that was video was shot outside 306 ? because that looks alot like outside of Fire Hq Port Chester Home of Engine 58 ! just need a man with a knife ! right Bull56 !

Edited by PCFD ENG58
sfrd18 likes this

Well I am proud to say I have taken that edp many times!!!!! Hahahaha

Well I am proud to say I have taken that edp many times!!!!! Hahahaha

I still don't understand how we (they) are in second place?! This is NEW YORK!!! WE NEED TO SHOW EVERYONE WHO'S BOSS!!!!

306 306 306!!!!!!

Voted again today. YFD Engine 306 is still 16,641 behind. I only hope that when Yonkers ends up building their New Yonkers FD Headquarters (New Big House) on the corner of New Main Street and Nepperhan Avenue, that they get a "State of the Art" Kitchen Area and Sleep Quarters (especially given the architects rendering of this new faciilty [6 Bay Headquarters])

Steve likes this

Voted again. But something's definitely fishy with Palos. There's just no way with all these votes that 306 could still be in 2nd place. I mean you would think that a big city firehouse would get more votes than a small town one anyday.

I'll bet Palos has a bot running on their page. But the YO has an EDP!!! :lol:

Voted again. Still nearly 20,000 down.

Everybody who can, please vote for 306!

just placed my daily vote again, but I think that it just not be enough. Keep voting everyone, you never know

sfrd18 likes this

something is rigged... in 2000 they had a population of about 5,000 residents and it is a 3.8 square mile village... where did 101,000 votes come from!?

sfrd18 likes this

I Voted Again - NEVER GIVE UP - NEVER GIVE UP (My heart is and always has been with the team within the YFD)

sfrd18 likes this

Voted again.

Palos is STILL 17,000 votes above. I for one can't understand how that's possible! Something's definitely wrong with this picture!

But, I guess you gotta' look for the light at the end of the tunnel. Who knows, maybe 306 can still win it.

Well, voting has closed, and I believe Palos won.

Something is up. District serves 24,000 dosnt seem like alot

http://www.palospark.org/Fire/fire_protection_department.htm

Palos Fire Protection District

Main Fire Menu | Our Firehouse | Administration

In Case of Emergency, Fire, Police or Ambulance

DIAL 911

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Firehouse & History

Administration

Mission Statement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palos Fire Protection District operates 2 fully staffed fire stations, 24 hours a day. Each day there are 5 paramedic/firefighters on duty at each station, responding to over 2400 requests for service each year. Palos Fire Protection District serves approximately 24,000 residents in Palos Township.

Fire Chief Carr

Chief6300@aol.com

Fire Chief office is open

Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm

Station #1

8815 West 123rd Street

Palos Park, IL 60464

(708)448-0369 Non-emergency

(708)448-0849 FAX

(708)448-2181 7-digit emergency number Station #2

13010 South 104th Ave

Palos Park, IL 60464

(708)448-0363 Non emergency

(708)448-2181

The district boundaries are as follows:

North boundary-The Cal-Sag Channel

South boundary-135th Street

East boundary-76th Ave

West boundary-Will-Cook Road

Palos Fire Protection District serves the residents of the following communities:

The entire Village of Palos Park

Residents of the City of Palos Heights West of 76th Avenue.

Residents of the Village of Orland Park North of 135th Street

All of the Residents of Unincorporated Palos Township South of the Cal-Sag Channel

Palos Fire Protection District Mission Statement

The Palos Fire Protection District has been established to provide the citizenry of our community with professional fire protection, fire suppression, emergency medical services, as well as protection against numerous other hazards which may threaten lives or property

It is the sworn duty of all members of Palos Fire Protection District to uphold the primary objectives of our service: Protect the lives and property of the citizens of the Palos Fire Protection District. All members are also sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States, the Constitution of the State of Illinois, and the laws and ordinances of the Palos Fire Protection District.

Palos Fire Protection District has attempted to incorporate a sense of community within our operations. "A community department, made up of community members, serving fellow residents".

"It is my pledge that when needed, Palos Fire Protection District will be prepared and responsive to the needs of the individual, as well as those of the community."

Steven J. Carr

Fire Chief

JP59 likes this

Something is up. District serves 24,000 dosnt seem like alot

Must be a fix. We have more illegals than their entire population!

firedude, FF398, eric12401 and 2 others like this

I am really disappointed 306 didn't win, and I'm not even a FF, so I can imagine how they feel. Maybe an appeal can be made to Mayor Spano?

I don't want to sound like a sore loser, but 306 did take the lead at one point. But just briefly and then in a few short days the Palos crew had a 20,000-25,000 vote surge. They took a 17,000 vote lead and maintained it. After having a 2,000-3,00 vote lead early on their lead was always around 17,000 votes. I kept voting every chance I had but I had the feeling somebody out there had hacked the site. Or figured out a way to game the system.

Maybe Sandy Annabi should have to pay for the new kitchen? B)

306 lost. Sorry fellas, that sucks. Yet, I still think it's pretty darn nice of the many members here, who made the effort to keep this topic up on the main board and active. I looked through this thread and have seen many posts of support and voting by many volunteer firefighters, and other supporters of YFD and the fire service. You guys should be commended for making that effort on behalf of the Yonkers firefighters working @306 Engine.

PS: That video was awesome R1SE. lol

firedude, helicopper, fjp326 and 1 other like this

Thank you to everyone on EMTBRAVO who supported E-306 and the YFD in the RescueRemodel Contest. Congratulations to Palos as I am assuming that they won. It won't be announced officially until the 15th. I haven't seen any evidence that Palos or anyone else did anything unethical or unfair. Give them credit for doing whatever they did to get the vote out, which is exactly what our guys accomplished very succesfully as well. Maybe IKEA will recognize that there was a legitimate issue with their technology which raised some suspicions and caused a bit of frustration and they will award two (or even 5) kitchen remodels- it would be even more great publicity for them...we'll see...

In any event, this contest has, I feel, been a needed morale booster for our guys. Also, although there is nothing official to announce yet, we have received several inquiries from both individuals and businesses who may wish to take on all or a part of a kitchen remodel for E-306. We will keep you all posted if any of that comes to fruition.

Thanks again to everyone who voted for E-306, and for your expressions of support.

Edited by JFLYNN

Thank you to everyone on EMTBRAVO who supported E-306 and the YFD in the RescueRemodel Contest. Congratulations to Palos as I am assuming that they won. It won't be announced officially until the 15th. I haven't seen any evidence that Palos or anyone else did anything unethical or unfair. Give them credit for doing whatever they did to get the vote out, which is exactly what our guys accomplished very succesfully as well. Maybe IKEA will recognize that there was a legitimate issue with their technology which raised some suspicions and caused a bit of frustration and they will award two (or even 5) kitchen remodels- it would be even more great publicity for them...we'll see...

In any event, this contest has, I feel, been a needed morale booster for our guys. Also, although there is nothing official to announce yet, we have received several inquiries from both individuals and businesses who may wish to take on all or a part of a kitchen remodel for E-306. We will keep you all posted if any of that comes to fruition.

Thanks again to everyone who voted for E-306, and for your expressions of support.

I waited til the end to bring this up, but the last time I was in 310, many moons ago, they needed a new kitchen too. I would have been a Captain, covering YFD on mutual aid before 1989. I was wondering if 310 ever got a refurb in the last 20 years?