Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pcfpr1

RIP FF/EMT Matt Oliveri FDVA

24 posts in this topic

As Many of you have heard FF/EMT Matt Oliveri has passed away. This Thread is a condolence card reaching out to the brothers and sister's of his Emergency Services Family and his Personal Freinds and Family.

RIP MATT YOU WILL BE MISSED BY MANY AND ALL. SEE YA ON THE OTHER SIDE BROTHA.

Rest in Peace Matt.

To Matt's friends and family and to his co-workers at VAFD-Montrose and the whole crew at Putnam Lake please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I had the opportunity to work with Matt several times when I was active with Ball Pond FD on mutual aid calls and drills with Put Lake. Every time he was a great firefighter and a generally nice guy. Sad to see him go.

I know I can speak for all your Brothers and Sisters up the hill when I say you will be missed.

Godspeed Brother.

Matt was also a veteran of the United States Coast Guard.

Rest in peace, Matt. Thoughts and prayers.

EdAngiolillo likes this

Matty O - You were one hell of a firefighter and 1 truly great friend, I was honored when you always called me uncle Gerry. To the brothers at the FDVA and the membership of Putnam Lake FD you are all in my thoughts and prayers. To his family I will always cherish the fact that I could call him my Friend. The 10th Battalion has lost one of the best. RIP brother, I will see you when the big guy calls me to join the Heaven FD.

Matty...So sorry to see you go brother...I only got to work with you on a few runs at the VA and at the firehouse but your smile and your presence always lit up the room. May the big man above take care of you through your next journey in the heavens above.

To all your family, friends, brothers, and sisters, my deepest condolences for the loss of a great brother. May the lord do his best to heal this wound for all of us.

Rest in Peace Matty O

Edited by BBBMF
SageVigiles and BFD1054 like this

RIP Matty O. Thoughts and prayers to Montrose VAFD and Putnam lake

RIP Buddy,

Any word on funeral arrangements?

Edited by fireboyny

Matt was known around Putnam as The Food Dude. Every year during the annual Putnam Lake fire department Holiday Parade he would drive his quad up and down the parade route collecting food for the homeless. R.I.P. Food Dude .post-654-0-20752900-1329365553.jpg

fireboyny, grumpyff, FF398 and 1 other like this

Condolences, Prayers, & Support to the FDVA, the C Crew, Put Lake, & Montrose....The Happy Cheerful Voice on MA28 will be missed

REST IN PEACE BROTHER! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY & THE COMMUNITIES YOU WORKED IN. YOU ARE WITH GOD NOW.

EdAngiolillo likes this

RIP

My condolences to your family and friends who will miss you.

Rest in Peace Matty O. I first met Matty when he was briefly a member of Patterson FD. He was always a source of knowledge and had a smile on his face. you will be missed by all.

From the Putnam Lake Fire Department website:

The Wake Will Be Held At Beecher's Funeral Home Located in Brewster N.Y. Thursday The 16th From 4p-8p. This WILL Be A Uniformed Event. Following The Wake There Will Be A Gathering At The Brewster Fire Department.

On Friday the 17th There Will Be A Service At The Sacred Heart Church At 10am Followed By Internment At The Oakwood Cemetery Located In Mount Kisco N.Y. Following The Cemetery, There Will Be A Gathering At The Putnam Lake Fire Department.

Putnam Lake FD is collecting nonperishable food in Matt's memory, which maybe dropped off at the firehouse at 72 Fairfiled Dr., Patterson, Ny

Edited by grumpyff

Rest In Peace Matty O !

Your absence will leave a huge void with your brother Firefighters and Friends.......

Our sincerest condolences to Matthew Oliveri's family and the people who were able to become his family at FDVA-Montrose and Putnam Lake VFD. Quite a few of our members got to know him through mutual aid calls, the Christmas Parade and other events, and have been talking about how they will miss him. Keep talking and remembering his contributions and personality - and if you have any problem dealing with his sudden passing, let someone know so they can help. Anyone know how long Putnam Lake VFD will be collecting the nonperishable food in Matt's memory? I would like to add to the extremely thoughtful gesture so his memory can continue helping other people.....

Edited by sueg
SageVigiles likes this

I wish to offer my sincere sympathy and respects to not only a brother Firefighter but fellow Coastie as well.

-no greater a man than one willing to give his life to save another.

Fair winds shipmate.......you have served your Country and Community. Rest at ease.

-Respectfully,

Dan Wilbert, GMCS, USCG

Vol.FF/EMT York County VA

Matty O was a great guy. He also did a short stint with us at Montrose FD. From the first time I met him he always made me laugh and smile. Matt was a great guy and had an awesome sense of humor. If you where ever down Matt was the guy to see. And from what I hear from the Boys at the VA that worked on his shift one hell of a cook. GONNA MISS YOU MATTY O!!! RIP

BFD1054 likes this

My Condolences to the family and friends of Matt. My He rest in Peace.

Mr condolences to the family of Matty O. It was a priveledge and an honor to work with you and call you a friend. We have lost a true hero with a big heart. Lets keep your dedication alive with your "food dude" charities and service to the community. We will never forget you.