Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firedude

Mamaroneck Fireman's Parade and Carnival Photos and Videos (6/28/12)

28 posts in this topic

Yesterday was Mamaroneck’s annual fireman’s parade. Here are my shots, videos are also on the last post.

7467756474_3b1d6ca09b_z.jpg

7467728802_0e24ce0524_z.jpg

7467395884_e0c7563485_z.jpg

7467396092_bcd2c0ef45_z.jpg

7467396586_621542b557_z.jpg

7467397758_6cf6e752bb_z.jpg

7467397868_2c6eb51137_z.jpg

7467398412_9fda24fd68_z.jpg

7467728878_a73b015d62_z.jpg

7467400088_91358ec3e9_z.jpg

Folks, I'm having some technical difficulties...so stay with me...

Edited by firedude
peterose313 and x129K like this

Whats the trike about?

Nice photos! By far one of my favorite and more represented parades in the region.

firedude likes this

Great stuff there man, I like how you crop a lot of those images. Just gotta increase your shutter speed a bit on some of the images of them marching.

firedude and Westfield12 like this

Great stuff there man, I like how you crop a lot of those images. Just gotta increase your shutter speed a bit on some of the images of them marching.

Thanks! I'm working on the shutter speed issue, but thanks for the tip.

Great Photos !

Thanks!!

Excellent work Kyle... Thanks for making me look good haha...

Thanks Vinny! :D

Edited by firedude

Thanks! I'm working on the shutter speed issue, but thanks for the tip.

What iso/shutter speed are you on?

Outstanding pictures! Thanks for sharing...

but of course, i have a few comments;

Dude on the trike should be wearing a helmet - if for no other reason than public education. He has now said, look at me, I am a firefighter, I am above the law and do not need to wear a saftey helmet.

White Plains Fire girls - SKINNY JEANS WERE NEVER INTENDED TO BE PART OF A FIRE DEPARTMENT, OR FD SOCIAL DEPARTMENT, UNIFORM...IT IS NOT OK TO WEAR THEM AS SUCH...EVER....NEVER EVER. PERIOD.

And, lastly - the guys on top of the engine are jackasses. So is their Chief, and every officer of their department present.

Dude on the trike should be wearing a helmet - if for no other reason than public education. He has now said, look at me, I am a firefighter, I am above the law and do not need to wear a saftey helmet.

White Plains Fire girls - SKINNY JEANS WERE NEVER INTENDED TO BE PART OF A FIRE DEPARTMENT, OR FD SOCIAL DEPARTMENT, UNIFORM...IT IS NOT OK TO WEAR THEM AS SUCH...EVER....NEVER EVER. PERIOD.

And, lastly - the guys on top of the engine are jackasses. So is their Chief, and every officer of their department present.

Down to earth much?? :P

Bogota FD should have been pulled over to the side of the road and sent home never to retun. How unprofessional and dangerous with members riding on top of the rig. Hands down they won the trophy for the biggest jackasses!

JM15 likes this

wheres the trike from? maybe (as their excuse) they're from florida or conneticut and always drive it without one. it is still against the law and unneccesary in front of NEW YORKERS WHO NEED HELMETS to represent such a thing. when i was in florida i would always wear a helmet when i was riding my harley, always a supporter of that

when i was chief back in 2011, our department did not give uniforms to younger members. we had juniors and we had explorers. those females seem to be awfully young, i dont believe they are trained firefighters, if they werent in our dept they didnt get a uniform. yes they could of dressed up more, but i have seen them dress like that many times. its still unprofessional and embarrasing to the department but it is what it is

the guys on the rigs are as they say "tools" and "showoffs" how about get off your lazy a$$ and represent your department professionally. who knows they probably texting to ha ha

x4093k likes this

Bogota FD should have been pulled over to the side of the road and sent home never to retun. How unprofessional and dangerous with members riding on top of the rig. Hands down they won the trophy for the biggest jackasses!

Correct me if I am wrong - but this SAME discussion took place LAST year too! BOOBS!

Which guys are you referring to???

Are you commenting on the jakes from N.J. or are you referring to ALL the participants that were shuttled from Harbor Island to the starting point. As I waited for the parade to start I saw no less than 30 shuttle trips made by VMFD rigs with people in the hose bed and standing on the tail and running boards. These rigs were not moving at a walking pace as the N.J. rig was, but were moving at a good clip to move as many parade participants as possible to the beginning of the parade.

More Photos: http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/23905824_SxHDs9#!i=1939032630&k=Sh3q9rJ

Are you commenting on the jakes from N.J. or are you referring to ALL the participants that were shuttled from Harbor Island to the starting point. As I waited for the parade to start I saw no less than 30 shuttle trips made by VMFD rigs with people in the hose bed and standing on the tail and running boards. These rigs were not moving at a walking pace as the N.J. rig was, but were moving at a good clip to move as many parade participants as possible to the beginning of the parade.

Sad but true...

Correct me if I am wrong - but this SAME discussion took place LAST year too! BOOBS!

You're not wrong, it did. And the year before, too, most likely. And they still continue to appear as such. Once somebody falls off that rig (or one of the aforementioned shuttle engines), it'll just give the anti-parade crowd that much more ammo for their argument. But let's not turn this into another one of "those" threads. Great pics! Looks like you were right down the street from where I would have been. Did I mention how much I love working second shift hours? [/sarcasm]. Oh, and if somebody would give that White Plains babe my number, yeah, that would be nice.

peterose313, 210, x4093k and 2 others like this

the guys on the rigs are as they say "tools" and "showoffs" how about get off your lazy a$$ and represent your department professionally. who knows they probably texting to ha ha

Ok Chief, but here in NY the rigs dont get from point A to point B with hopes and dreams. It needs someone to press those little things on the floor called pedals, and turn that round dew hickey sticking out of the dashboard. Perhaps those drivers were the only men available to drive the apparatus due to PROFESSIONAL qualifications/standards.

Edited by roofsopen19

Ok Chief, but here in NY the rigs dont get from point A to point B with hopes and dreams. It needs someone to press those little things on the floor called pedals, and turn that round dew hickey sticking out of the dashboard. Perhaps those drivers were the only men available to drive the apparatus due to PROFESSIONAL qualifications/standards.

Im sure we was talking about the people NOT actively driving the rig and riding on top of the rig... Of course someone has to drive it.. The guys from what appears to be Bogota, NJ really are acting like idiots.

x129K likes this