Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Seth okay?

27 posts in this topic

Haven't seen him around lately. Hope everything's okay with our Brother and Leader of the Board.

JetPhoto likes this

Maybe he is in hibernation until the heat passes. One must remember he is a transplanted Yankee and not native to Texas.

BigBuff likes this

Was thinking the same... his profile says last visit was june something.. not like him..

Heard it through the grapevine, he's fine. Just needed a break. No worries fellas.

48 likes this

Off topic posts deleted. If you feel the uncontrollable urge to post, please stay on topic, or start your own thread to vent/complain.

sfrd18 and EMTDelta like this

Hi guys,

I've had a rough couple of months.

I became critically ill in June while on a trip to Chicago, and was hospitalized in ICU intubated for several days.

A few days after I got home to Texas, same thing happened, I had a procedure to corrrect the problem, but while I was intubated I aspirated vomit somehome and came up with severe double pneumonia. Physically, I can only use the computer for a limited amount of time right now, and am still extremly weak but am getting better by the day.

While I was in the hospital, I had no access to my phone or computer. I lost my job because I wasn't elegible for FMLA yet and I ran out of time that I could use, so I'm on a very tight budget. I can reapply for my job, but read on to find out why I won't.

My PayPal account that I use to pay for this site was hacked, and I was cleaned out of all the funds for this site. Although PayPal will be reimbursing me, it will be several weeks. I'm on a limited budget right now, and bills for the website are due soon and I can't bill, sell, or design any ads right now to raise money, nor will I be soliciting donations.

Earlier this week, my luck started to turn around the best it can at this point. A very awesome longtime friend and great person helped me out, big time. I am thankful for him and his bosses because his actions and concern gave me great motivation to keep going and renewed my passion. For right now, all I'm going to be saying is that I'm moving back to NY in the next week.............................I think I'll be much happier back there, especially because I miss all my friends from NY and working there. I LOVE Austin and Texas and will miss it (I've lived here for 4+ years already), and have been succesful and had awesome experience with the agencies I worked for , but at this point I need to start taking care of myself. After I was no longer healthy enough to be a career firefighter anymore, my heart was broken and I really wasn't the same-it destroyed me, but I've finally had closure on that and want to have the old pre-2007 Seth back.

There is MUCH more to this story, but please don't speculate.

I also apologize for not getting back to all those who hae been calling and emailing, it just gets a little overwhelming right now as I recover.

I have over 1,500 emails personally from friends, collegues, and EMTBravo members and related to me since May 26th, and eventually I will get to them all.

I traded in my car and sold off a lot of my things and bought a small 2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty/Winnebago Aspect 23' RV with only 7,000 miles on it. It's got all the comforts of home, and is cheaper and easier for me to live, especially since I will still have the home in Texas.

Does anyone know of RV Parks in the NY/CT area that are affordable and have electric and water hookups?

I was hoping I could park it at an FD or EMS, and in exchange join that agency and they would technically have a driver in house. I am stilll a certified Firefighter and Paramedic, and am capable of driving, operating, and maintaining any type of emergency vehicle. I can drive ambulances, midmount and rearmount aerials and tower ladders, engines (I am certified in pumping and water supply), rescue trucks, tankers, brush trucks, etc. If someone knows of an agency that could work something out with me, I would greatly appreaciate it. Email me at seth@emtbravo.com if you know of anything, even if short term.

I hopefully will have a job lined up, but I am looking for a second job, if anyone knows anything that's open and pays decent. It doesn't have to be emergency services. Email me at seth@emtbravo.com .

I wish I never gave up some of my Westchester jobs I had, I always thought the grass was greener and kept moving up jobs, but I look back now and had it great right where I started.

Thanks guys for your concern, and whatever help you can offer me. I hope that some of you guys can come up and hang out with me when I get back.

There is more to what I am going through, but please don't speculate or comment on that.

Seth,

I don't know what to say. I want to hit the rep button but it says "like." There's nothing to like about what you have been going through. It's kind of stunning to read all of this. I'm very sorry to read that you've been through so much pain and freakin agony.

You're going to be on my mind and in my prayers.

Never give up Brother. You'll have a lot of support going forward.

God Bless.

sueg, Louie, BFD1054 and 3 others like this

Seth keep up the fight you will get over this. Also there are over 100 in service M8s waiting for you.

2231*, Louie and BigBuff like this

Seth,

Awesome that your coming back to NY. I feel terrible for you for your health and money crisis. I wish the best for you in the upcoming weeks. I hope to see you photographing soon!

Prayers are with you..

BigBuff, 2231* and NRFDL13 like this

Seth, I don't know how much help it will be to you but I know Croton Point Park has a section for rv's and campers with electric hookup. I'm not certain about water though. Sorry to hear about your health and financial situation. I hope that your health improves and you are able to make a full recovery.

Best of luck to you in your health, finances and in your future.

Edit: it does have water hook up as well as electric.

Here's a little info on what it offers, while it may not necessarily be at an fd/ems dept, it's something? Not sure if it's of any help to you or not.

http://rvparkreviews.com/regions/New_York/Croton_on_Hudson.html

Edited by peterose313
BigBuff likes this

Seth, I don't know how much help it will be to you but I know Croton Point Park has a section for rv's and campers with electric hookup. I'm not certain about water though. Sorry to hear about your health and financial situation. I hope that your health improves and you are able to make a full recovery.

Best of luck to you in your health, finances and in your future.

Edit: it does have water hook up as well as electric.

Here's a little info on what it offers, while it may not necessarily be at an fd/ems dept, it's something? Not sure if it's of any help to you or not.

http://rvparkreviews..._on_Hudson.html

Just maybe he can be a driver for the new Tanker 10 then.. He'd be a lucky person.. :P

peterose313 and 2231* like this

Seth,

I am VERY sorry to hear about your illness, losing your job and everything else!! I am glad you are moving back to NY, but I wish it was under better/different circumstances. Be strong and keep your head up and things will eventually fall back into place and get better again. Feel free to give me a shout if you need anything. Take care Brother!

BigBuff and efdcapt115 like this

Seth:

We are all praying for you. Everything wil get better in do time.

When it rains it really pours doesn't it?

Seth I want to add my own humble best wishes to you and for you.

Crazy thing is, a year or two down the road somehow everything always seems to make sense. I don't know why or how that is but life always seems to work that way.

Hang in there buddy, you're a survivor I can tell. :)

Louie, jack10562, BigBuff and 2 others like this

Seth,

Glad to hear your doing better. It sucks to hear all your bad news but like others have said you have a strong will and you will be fine in the long run.

Jim

BigBuff and Louie like this

Seth, glad to see you're on the mend. Good luck Brother, if you need anything don't be afraid to reach out.

BigBuff likes this

Glad to hear your ok seth..

You know, I looked at the tag Seth put on his post; "Haters are my motivators." Had to think about that one for a while. Then I remembered something. A Facebook Group. "I Hate EMTBravo." Had to look and saw the page had 169 "likes."

I wonder how those people feel now. If they feel anything at all that is.

I wonder what motivates people to hate. You think those people who took a Facebook page and turned it into a page of hate, you think that didn't hurt Seth? For the "sin" of having created a space for all of us to convene and talk about the jobs we have/had?

There should be no room in emergency services for hate. We're all supposed to be in the service of the people. Common cause.

Now that we can all see what the man has been through, I hope a lot of those haters are doing some soul searching. And regretting.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the support.

Is there anyone that would be able to help me find an affordable, decent apartment in Westchester or knows of one?

x4093k likes this

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the support.

Is there anyone that would be able to help me find an affordable, decent apartment in Westchester or knows of one?

ill keep an eye out for you brother..

back in New York yet?

Seth,

Sorry to hear about your medical and personal issues brother. I sincerely hope they have fixed whatever you are suffering from and have no further issues.

If there is anything I can do to help you or the site let me know, Im sure I can help being a past moderator.

Good luck on finding a new job and a place to live, and I hope you are joined by your family soon.

Keep us posted.

Moose

x4093k likes this