FirNaTine

Mount Vernon's Commissioner of Public Safety Fired

15 posts in this topic

I hope it ain't what the paper was saying, that it was political retribution for the Mayor's brother not being reinstated into the department. Like come on, your brother messed up and was doing an act that eventually gets people killed in the long run. I know he's your family but it's not like it was some unpaid parking tickets to look the other way on, this is some serious weapons charges. The city needs to be revamped and honestly, I hope Mayor Thomas isn't that naive to be picking a fight like that for the wrong reason. The fire department needs good leadership and not this kind of foolishness going around. I would like to see who the new Commish will be. Hopefully, it is somebody who is gung ho and looking to make Mount Vernon a better place, and not some momo that is a political back-scratch.

lemonice and AFS1970 like this

Wait, when did Mount Vernon get a Department Of Public Safety? I thought Police and Fire were separate?

56 minutes ago, x635 said:

Wait, when did Mount Vernon get a Department Of Public Safety? I thought Police and Fire were separate?

There is a difference between a dept of public safety (police & Fire) and a public safety commissioner who is in charge of both.

4 minutes ago, Bnechis said:

There is a difference between a dept of public safety (police & Fire) and a public safety commissioner who is in charge of both.

Wait, then what is White Plains? And how can their be a Public Safety Commissioner and a Fire Commissioner in the same city?

Maybe Richardson will be the next commissioner.  It happened in Yonkers years ago Pagano went from FF to Commissioner.

Yeah great, take a guy with no command experience with little time on the job to begin with and make him the head of a department that is already failing in that category and many others. Either they get a guy with enough time and command experience and a good track record in their own department, or get somebody who has those same qualities who was in another fire department. Mount Vernon needs to step up its game. There shouldn't be a reason why this is acceptable at any level.

8 hours ago, x635 said:

Wait, then what is White Plains? And how can their be a Public Safety Commissioner and a Fire Commissioner in the same city?

WP has a public safety commissioner. If it was a public safety department cops would be fighting fire and firefighters would be patrolling streets.

because it's just a title 

Do I understand this correctly, a firefighter who resigned under Federal Gun Selling charges will be allowed to return to the Department in order to retire on a disability pension, please tell me I have this wrong.

As seen all those Appointed Positions are nothing more then a Kiss Ass Job! Your nothing but a Puppet to the Administration and a Yes Man so who in their right mind would ever want it! You need absolutely no qualifications for the most part. Gotta give Kelly a lot of credit he said Im outta here "F" this place!

Edited by FirNaTine
fdalumnus likes this