EMS92

10 shot at Empire State Building

14 posts in this topic

Johnson pulled a .45 caliber gun on the approaching police officers but it not clear if he actually shot any rounds as police opened fire on him, Kelly said.

Nine people were wounded or grazed in the crossfire, Kelly said.

"Some may have been accidentally shot by police officers," Kelly said.

Says it right there. Unfortunately people got in the line of fire and were hit accidentally. This only made news because it was near the E.S.B. If it was any where else in NY or another city, it probably would only get a 5 second news report.

Speedy recovery to those who were hit by the crossfire.

JM15, peterose313, SOUSGT and 2 others like this

Says it right there. Unfortunately people got in the line of fire and were hit accidentally. This only made news because it was near the E.S.B. If it was any where else in NY or another city, it probably would only get a 5 second news report.

Speedy recovery to those who were hit by the crossfire.

Thoughts go out to the officers who were involved also...

SageVigiles likes this

Not sure who saw this yet... but great example of some HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE media...

I get "freedom of the press" but can anyone in their right mind tell me why it's appropriate to post pictures of uncovered dead bodies!?

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1143522

Because as sad and morbid as it it...it's what people want to see.

the media is all about getting ratings. Also I don't know if this was on the news but there were 19 people wounded in Chi town over night here is the link as per cbs:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57500026-504083/19-people-wounded-in-chicago-shooting-attacks-overnight-including-13-within-30-minutes-police-say/

Like Izzy stated if this wasn't by the E.S.B. it wouldn't get that much media attention. Was Listening to O & A this morning and they were playing clips from the news. These reports ask the most stupid questions to try and get that "sound byte". Also they have to add in the graphics and ominous music too.

uhoh...

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

Police: All Empire State shooting victims were wounded by officers

While this is difficult and likely extremely hard on those officers, they were faced with a instantaneously unfolding dynamic situation that resulted in their having no reasonable option other than to engage. They were not afforded concealment or cover from which to take slower more well placed shots, they were suddenly faced with being killed themselves. No doubt they'll take a lot of heat, but I'd be surprised to hear from any true "experts in the field" that this could have been handled differently.

I totally agree with you, but its still not gonna go well for NYPD, even though they did drop the perp as well.

This is going to get ugly.

EMS92 likes this

There is nothing " UHOH" about this. These 2 cops ran after and confronted a murderer who was armed with a .45 caliber canon and had already displayed his complete disregard for human life. The video clearly shows that he pulled out on them first and they reacted in a split second in accordance with their training and they effectively neutralized the threat.

The fact that they did this during rush hour in mid town manhattan and nobody else was killed is a miracle but the bottom line is that THEY HAD NO OTHER CHOICE. Thankfully all of the innocent bystanders that were hit by rounds (3) and the others who were hit by debris from the rounds (6) will be OK and will fully recover. Undoubtedly they will all sue and the city will settle with them but as for the " Heat" on these cops.. I don't think you will see it that bad due to the fact that these 2 cops are heroes.

If they didn't take this guy out as quickly as they did, who knows what else he would have done.

There is nothing " UHOH" about this. These 2 cops ran after and confronted a murderer who was armed with a .45 caliber canon and had already displayed his complete disregard for human life. The video clearly shows that he pulled out on them first and they reacted in a split second in accordance with their training and they effectively neutralized the threat.

The fact that they did this during rush hour in mid town manhattan and nobody else was killed is a miracle but the bottom line is that THEY HAD NO OTHER CHOICE. Thankfully all of the innocent bystanders that were hit by rounds (3) and the others who were hit by debris from the rounds (6) will be OK and will fully recover. Undoubtedly they will all sue and the city will settle with them but as for the " Heat" on these cops.. I don't think you will see it that bad due to the fact that these 2 cops are heroes.

If they didn't take this guy out as quickly as they did, who knows what else he would have done.

Amen Brother...........and to those who have never worn a badge and gun, please refrain from the second guessing of these 2 brave men.

And yes, I have worn the badge and gun!

boca1day and x129K like this