Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

efdcapt115 may need help

34 posts in this topic

With Hurricane Issac now over the Keys the Capt may need help . I am willing to drive down in my pick up to check on him.I am looking for donations to fill my truck to take to him.

1. One D battery
  2. 10 cases of Coors Lite [Tall Cans]
  3. 5 cases of Captain Morgan
  4. 5 cases of Gray Goose
  5. 1 pint of fresh water
  6. 2 cases of Slim Jims
  7. 4 cases of Potatoe chips
  8. 2 gallons of Venison chilli
  9. 4 gallons of Manhatten clam chowder
  10. 4 loafs of Arthur ave bread

If anyone has these supplies and is willing to donate please call. I will only go down by myself as to get the supplies to him as soon as possible

Thanks Ang. You guys are alright in my book. Thank you very much for thinking of us. We did a lot of preparation, shuttered up the doors and windows, bought all the emergency supplies. Thankfully the storm did not grow to Cat 1 here. So we're fine. Minor and I mean minor wind damage.

Thoughts and prayers turn now toward our Brothers and Sisters on up on the Gulf coast.

But I'll still take the goodwill supplies. When are you expecting to arrive? :)

Stay safe Brothers.

Ang and George, i have my truck on stand-by if need-be ;):D .

Id never turn down a trip to the Keys to help a brother out.

Glad to hear you guys are alright down there bro, stay safe!

I have to admit, i was quite nervous when i read the title of this topic lol....

Westfield12 likes this

George, I tried to call you multiple times yesteray.....I was worried....glad to hear you're OK.

Westfield12 likes this

Should I go and build a boat mast so the good capt can do his Lt. Dan impression during the storm??

(*)

Westfield12 likes this

Should I go and build a boat mast so the good capt can do his Lt. Dan impression during the storm??

(*)

But you ain't got no leeeegs Loo-Ten-ent Dan.

JetPhoto and Westfield12 like this

To: Planning Section Chief

Barry

This trip (NY to the Keys) cannot be done in one day. Drivers and passengers will require rehab at about the half-way mark which happens to be Chesapeake, VA.

I noted the supply list that you are bringing to EFDCAPT115 and have determined that you will be severely and dangerously overloaded and may cause the good Captain's little island to sink.

Please advise when you are coming and we can unload half of those supplies in order to prevent a tragedy at George's Key.

In the meantime, I will locate an old 275gal Fuel Oil Tank and start cutting it in half for the pig roast.

Glad to do my part.

Bill

Safety Officer

Barry

This trip (NY to the Keys) cannot be done in one day. Drivers and passengers will require rehab at about the half-way mark which happens to be Chesapeake, VA.

I noted the supply list that you are bringing to EFDCAPT115 and have determined that you will be severely and dangerously overloaded and may cause the good Captain's little island to sink.

Please advise when you are coming and we can unload half of those supplies in order to prevent a tragedy at George's Key.

In the meantime, I will locate an old 275gal Fuel Oil Tank and start cutting it in half for the pig roast.

Glad to do my part.

Bill

Safety Officer

OOPSIE Daisy. Sorry, Barry, I guess the pork is out of the question, huh? We'll do shrimp instead. That's pronounced Shree-ump.

OOPSIE Daisy. Sorry, Barry, I guess the pork is out of the question, huh? We'll do shrimp instead. That's pronounced Shree-ump.

It is only a problem if you forget to wrap it in bacon. And if it was a problem so is the shrimp (with or without the bacon).

Disaster_Guy likes this

Barry

Bill

Safety Officer

To: Safety Officer

Via: Finance Section Chief

Bill, the finance officer said if we used half of our fuel driving the 384 miles to your rehab site, we will not be able to afford (without FEMA assistance) the remaining 1091 miles.

I understand that as the safety officer your concern is keeping us out of the hot zone, but I think operating from GA is a little too "defensive".

SageVigiles and INIT915 like this

Ang ...you should check with George as there are other transplanted Westchester retired firefighters in the Keys. George has been attempting to maintain the accountability board (he is board certified) as to their current status and assignments. You may have to increase the hydration components of your relief efforts.

Also George might need some more teriyaki sauce for the black tail tuna in his freezer........

George has been attempting to maintain the accountability board (he is board certified) as to their current status and assignments.

You're confusing Board Certified with Certifiable... Big difference...

Seriously though, glad to hear you're okay George. Hoping everyone in FL and the Gulf make out alright in the next few days.

x129K likes this

Hell I just wanna go to Florida and fish and drink beer.

I'll second that motion Dan lol!

Just got back from North Carolina and that was the summary of my trip.

By the way Dan, Skoal is about $2.20 a tin down there!

x129K likes this

Haha! I saw that in Myrtle Beach last week! Sick!

However - I have been dip free for the last 5 months!

JetPhoto and BFD1054 like this

With Hurricane Issac now over the Keys the Capt may need help . I am willing to drive down in my pick up to check on him.I am looking for donations to fill my truck to take to him.

1. One D battery
  2. 10 cases of Coors Lite [Tall Cans]
  3. 5 cases of Captain Morgan
  4. 5 cases of Gray Goose
  5. 1 pint of fresh water
  6. 2 cases of Slim Jims
  7. 4 cases of Potatoe chips
  8. 2 gallons of Venison chilli
  9. 4 gallons of Manhatten clam chowder
  10. 4 loafs of Arthur ave bread

If anyone has these supplies and is willing to donate please call. I will only go down by myself as to get the supplies to him as soon as possible

i understand that the huricane shelters tend to be a bit cramped and in order to save space, we may have to sacriface the fresh water. no loss though.

Dan, you are just a few years too late for quitting the dip. Just sayin.

Says the man who CHUGGED from my spit bottle many years ago! LOL!

efdcapt115 and JM15 like this

Now that the hurricane has passed George's Key, we have to develop a plan for all the stuff Bnechis collected. Much is perishable and must be used soon, so a Labor Day "work detail" might be in order for Westchester.

The non perishables can be stored. I suggest a cache someplace to keep things like the Capt. Morgans.

Barry can still drive down to Chesapeake with a cache that can be used for the next FL hurricane, and also the next VA/NC hurricane. Barry: make sure the cache you bring contains the Gray Goose. I am going shopping for Vermouth, olives and those little plastic swords.

Why can't FEMA think like this?

BFD1054 and SageVigiles like this

Now that the hurricane has passed George's Key, we have to develop a plan for all the stuff Bnechis collected. Much is perishable and must be used soon, so a Labor Day "work detail" might be in order for Westchester.

The non perishables can be stored. I suggest a cache someplace to keep things like the Capt. Morgans.

Barry can still drive down to Chesapeake with a cache that can be used for the next FL hurricane, and also the next VA/NC hurricane. Barry: make sure the cache you bring contains the Gray Goose. I am going shopping for Vermouth, olives and those little plastic swords.

Because Barack Obama doesn't care about sober people...

Edited by SageVigiles
x129K, wraftery, JM15 and 1 other like this

Because Barack Obama doesn't care about sober people...

It's simple logic; For example, here's this morning's conversation with my wife:

Me: What's your plan for today, Hon?

Wife: Well, the hamper is full again.

Me; OK, I'll go get you a bigger hamper

BFD1054, SageVigiles and billy98988 like this

That storm is supposed to hit us early next week I think we may need those supplies to get by.