Welcome to EMTBravo.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

moggie6

Mutual Aid to Hurricane Sandy

92 posts in this topic

East Fishkill 39-15 leaving Sunday morning

Sandy recovery team includes NY troopers from Ulster and Greene counties

Fifteen state troopers from Ulster and Greene counties are among the law-enforcement personnel who have gone to the New York City area to help residents there deal with the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/articles/2012/11/03/news/doc50957afc1f2e2651058287.txt

effd3918 likes this

just passed East Fishkill and Union Vale on I 684 in Bedford. thank you guys stay safe

x4093k, JetPhoto and effd3918 like this

As of Friday, firefighters from five more Orange County departments had joined colleagues from Unionville, Woodbury, Winona Lake and Greenwood Lake to help out in Long Island

Vails Gate, West Point, Walden, Bullville and Mechanicstown have sent firefighters, and the county also sent a deputy fire coordinator

BFD1054 and spin_the_wheel like this

Ulster County just put out an announcment checking for available resources for possible deployment.

An engine w/minimum of 4 interior certified FF's or;

A tanker/heavy rescue/storm emergency fire unit.

Edited by eric12401
JetPhoto likes this

From the Vermont State Police:

We will be deploying 11 troopers to New Jersey to provide law enforcement assistance in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. The VSP convoy will leave from the Williston Barracks tomorrow, November 4, 2012 at 9AM for a seven day deployment.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/VermontStatePolice?fref=ts
JetPhoto likes this

On the incident management front:

NYS IMT2 - Nassau County

FDNY IMT2 - NYC

FEMA Region 2 IMAT - Albany (State EOC)

FEMA Red - NJ (red, white and blue are FEMA national teams)

FEMA White - NJ

FEMA Blue - NYC

FEMA Region 4 (two teams), 9, and 10 all operating in NY.

FEMA Region 7 in NJ

FEMA Region 8 in CT

NIMO teams are also on the ground in NY and NJ supporting management efforts. Additional type 3 teams are in the metro area or enroute to add depth to the management organizations already established or being established. For perspective, there are currently multiple type 1 incidents ongoing in the NYC metropolitan area. There are tens of thousands of individual "responders" in thousands of resources operating across the tri-state area and down the east coast. This is, by far, the largest and most complex incident in this area in modern history.

On the USAR front:

Indiana, Missouri, Maryland, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee and Virginia TF-2 FEMA USAR task forces operating in NY.

Virginia TF-1 and Ohio FEMA USAR task forces operating in NJ.

Situational Snapshots:

Long Beach Island, NJ - Gas leaks prompted the gas company to shut off the gas to the entire system, likely resulting in a total loss of the system and requiring a massive infrastructure rebuild.

Shelter populations spiked in NYS yesterday, probably due to the falling temperatures. There are about 10,000 people seeking shelter in NY and more than 6,000 in NJ.

"Every time we clear one problem, we find another that had been unreported"

Vails Gate Truck484 left around 6am and arrived at the EOC in Westbury around 8-8:30.

They have since been detailed to the Oceanside FD. Members have said that they have power and conditions aren't too bad.

JetPhoto likes this

Just heard Harrison and Yorktown went down. Yorktown arrived this morning.

Vails Gate Truck484 left around 6am and arrived at the EOC in Westbury around 8-8:30.

They have since been detailed to the Oceanside FD. Members have said that they have power and conditions aren't too bad.

That's where Ossining was, they just got back into town. They lost a few trucks and 2 houses. While down there, Ladder 41 worked 6 structure fires from what I was told by some members.

Ulster Hose is sending a tower ladder with a crew of 7 tomorrow.

keep up the good work

question to those who went down, what is the process for fueling up the rigs ??? do the local depts have a means up and running ?

question to those who went down, what is the process for fueling up the rigs ??? do the local depts have a means up and running ?

I went down as part of a team assembled with the state, consisting of fire safety reps, safety officers, and physical plant people, and we were all on fumes until we finaly found another state agency (parks) able to assist us...THANK YOU PARKS!!!! Without you all of us would have been without transportation and all of the generators we deployed would have died.

Lines for gas stations were in some cases a mile long, with police standing by to keep the peace.

I went down for four days, and put in 16 hour days, and saw a lot of devastation, but on the same token saw a lot of humanity at its finest. God bless all who are responding down there now, stay safe and come home soon. I will probably be going back again depending on what this Nor'easter does. I even got a nice going home present on Sunday evening...I arrived at a one car MVA rollover on the thruway with 4 patients that must have just happened before my arrival. Everyone was out but I triaged them and gave the report to the first arriving chief...trouble has a nack of following me...

Stay safe everyone.

Sailr322, firedude and JetPhoto like this

We fueled up at Nassau County DPW in Westbury.

BFD1054 and chris 31 like this

Connecticut Office of Emergency Medical Services put out a notice to all EMS Chiefs of Service requesting ambulances through an IMAC (Interstate Mutual Aid Compact) agreement to send ambulances to New Jersey.

From the Esopus Fire Department Page (Ulster County);

"This morning Esopus Fire engine 27-10 relocated to Nassau County in Long Island along with Highland, New Paltz, Modena, and Ulster Hose to be part of the standby task force and provide emergency services. Join me in wishing 3rd Lt Frank Banks , Firefighter Travis Floyd, Firefighter Brian Micheal Parr, and Firefighter Randi Jacquelin Port a safe trip and tour during their time in Long Island."

Esopus 27-10 is stationed at the Inwood Fire Company.

Edited by eric12401

Connecticut Office of Emergency Medical Services put out a notice to all EMS Chiefs of Service requesting ambulances through an IMAC (Interstate Mutual Aid Compact) agreement to send ambulances to New Jersey.

Is that IMAC or EMAC (Emergency Management Assistance Compact)?

You know, I thought that sounded weird as I typed it. Where I read about it it was written IMAC but I think they did mean EMAC...

We fueled up at Nassau County DPW in Westbury.

Before rigs are sent home they check back in at the EOC in Westbury and their rigs fuel is topped off at DPW.

BFD1054 likes this

Maybe it's just me, but looking at different media sources, mostly social media, it appears that some covering companies are using their time "down south" as more of a photo op than anything else...

I know a few of the very first guys who went down without hesitation, and their hearts were truly in it...but some others I see really make me shake my head..

Again, maybe it's just me...

*edit.

I was not referring to any of the pics posted here...FYI.

16fire5, FF31-126 and helicopper like this

Maybe it's just me, but looking at different media sources, mostly social media, it appears that some covering companies are using their time "down south" as more of a photo op than anything else...

I know a few of the very first guys who went down without hesitation, and their hearts were truly in it...but some others I see really make me shake my head..

Again, maybe it's just me...

*edit.

I was not referring to any of the pics posted here...FYI.

If photos are the payment received for going, does it matter? Take pictures, have as good a time as possible while there. I'm sure when the alarms come in the cameras are put away.

firedude and EmsFirePolice like this