Followers 0
WAS967

5 Police Officers Shot and 2 Suspects Killed in Jersey City Shootout

41 posts in this topic

5 Police Officers Shot and 2 Suspects Killed in Jersey City Melee

From: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/17/nyregion/17jersey.html

By LIZ ROBBINS

Published: July 16, 2009

A chaotic predawn shootout outside a Jersey City apartment building between a shotgun-wielding suspect and the police left five officers wounded — two critically, including one shot in the face — and two suspects dead, according to the Jersey City mayor, Jerramiah Healy, who spoke at a news conference in Jersey City.

Five police officers were taken to New Jersey Medical Center with gunshot wounds in what Mayor Healy called a “terrible gunfight,” and several others sustained injuries relating to the fight.

The officer who had been shot in the face had no signs of life when he was brought in, officials said, but was revived, said doctors at the Jersey City Medical Center. He remained in extremely critical condition.

Prayers needed (and sent) to the members of the Jersey City force both involved and effected by this mornings events.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the families and JCPD. Good job by JCPD on saving taxpayers money by killing the perps.

Hopefully JCPDESU wasn't one of the ones injured. Speedy recovery to all.

Was thinking the same thing!

Hopefully JCPDESU wasn't one of the ones injured. Speedy recovery to all.

Was thinking the same thing. There are also several other members of this forum that are with Jersey City PD.....hope they are all OK. Thoughts and prayers.

My God, what the hell has happened to America? We're starting to live the late 80s-early 90s all over again. My prayers to my brothers in JCPD. I'm also hoping that all is well as I am about to start my tour again today.

Prayers with all those involved. Unfortunately with the bad economy, crime has been increasing quite drastically!

thoughts and prayers to all affected. Thank God the 2 perps got the right sentencing.

prayers to family and friends of JCPD officers involved and hopes of a speedy recovery.

thoughts and prayers to all affected. Thank God the 2 perps got the right sentencing.

Yes, those two scumbags got the right sentencing. Glad they"re off the street forever before they tried to take down a civilian or another police officer. The police officers of this country have my "Highest Respect". You have a very tough, thankless job out there guys.You must sometimes feel you are in this all alone. Well, there are many good people out there on your side, and respect you for what you do. "We say Thank You" !!!!

And for the garbage that was killed by the other officers, I"m sure their FREE Lawyers are already hard at work for "Their Families". But what about the officers that are in the hospital now, some with critical injuries. Who"s taking care of "Their Families" ? ? ?

For those officers and their families that are all suffering right now, please try to be strong and have faith that everything will turn out okay.

From a Lt with JCPD.....

One Officer is in critical condition but the prognosis is good, there was no brain damage but he sustained extensive facial injuries and loss of blood. The next 48 to 72 hours will reveal more about his future condition.

The remaining two ESU Officers sustained pellet and shrapnel wounds to the neck area. One is in stable condition and under 24 hour preventative stay in hospital.

The 3rd Officer has been released.

I have no concrete info on the JCPD Detective or the Port Authority ESU Officer.

Ditto, saves time and money...God Bless All Those Involved!!!

Thoughts and prayers are with all the officers involved.

Yes, those two scumbags got the right sentencing. Glad they"re off the street forever before they tried to take down a civilian or another police officer. The police officers of this country have my "Highest Respect". You have a very tough, thankless job out there guys.You must sometimes feel you are in this all alone. Well, there are many good people out there on your side, and respect you for what you do. "We say Thank You" !!!!

And for the garbage that was killed by the other officers, I"m sure their FREE Lawyers are already hard at work for "Their Families". But what about the officers that are in the hospital now, some with critical injuries. Who"s taking care of "Their Families" ? ? ?

For those officers and their families that are all suffering right now, please try to be strong and have faith that everything will turn out okay.

nfd...couldnt have said it better myself! F those skells, glad they were taken out!

Thoughts and prayers are with the injured MOS, lets hope for a speedy recovery. And yes, god bless all LEO's out there for their commitment to keeping all of us and our families safe!

prayers and thoughts to the family, friends and co-workers of those involved

Prayers with all those involved. Unfortunately with the bad economy, crime has been increasing quite drastically!

hoping for a speedy recovery to all the officers, cant say its the bad economy i buffed this area a few times(not by myself) as this building is close to engine 9 and batt 4. Its just one of those rundown neighborhoods where its cool to be a hood rat and live in a hell hole then it is to find a education and a good job. Unfortunately there is one neighborhood like this in every city. Hopefully jersey city recovers from this mess as the city was and still is headed in the right direction.

I wish the Officer's a speedy recovery.....Luckily the taxpayer's won't be paying for a trial!!

Good luck to the officers involved and my prayers go out to the families and brother/sister officers of their departments. Although the perps got the proper sentence, it would have been fitting to see them suffer until the last officer is better, then shot.

PRAYERS & RESPECT TO ALL OF THOSE INVOLVED WITH THE JERSEY CITY SHOOTOUT

Edited by DROCKEMS

My best wishes to the injured Brothers, their families, and all of JCPD and PAPD in this stressful time. Great shoot by the POs involved. Score 2 for the good guys.

My best wishes to the injured Brothers, their families, and all of JCPD and PAPD in this stressful time. Great shoot by the POs involved. Score 2 for the good guys.

You Got That Right my friend.

Emergency medical workers describe 'horror movie' at scene of Jersey City police shooting

by Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

Thursday July 16, 2009, 4:30 PM

Emergency medical workers described a horrific scene this morning when they responded to 24 Reed St. in Jersey City where five police officers and two suspects were shot.

It was "like a horror movie, very, very stressful,'' EMT August Johansen said outside the Jersey City Medical Center this afternoon. "There was blood everywhere. ... Scary wasn't the word. I have kids to worry about, but I was also worried about the officer. That's what our job is."

FULL STORY: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2009/07...rkers_desc.html

I was just watching the news and CBS is reporting that the officer who was struck in the face has taken a turn for the worse and "his death is imminent". My utmost condolences to his fellow officers, the Jersey City community, and his family on this tragic day in Jersey City.

Story posted today from CBS News online:

http://wcbstv.com/local/marc.dinardo.jersey.2.1092965.html

It does not sound good for Det. Marc DiNardo (JCPD ESU), but let's keep hoping for a miracle. My thoughts are with him, his family, and his brother and sister officers from JCPD.

Scott

The JCPD has announced the Line of Duty Death (LODD) of Det. DiNardo.

RIP

Edited by batt2