Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anesti

Scarsdale Car 2432?

20 posts in this topic

I see that they went from a 2003 Ford/Odyssey to a 2011 Chevy Tahoe anyone know the reason why??

Edited by Anesti

Fix Or Repair Daily.

But you'd prefer a Government Motors alternative?

But you'd prefer a Government Motors alternative?

They all got bailed out so that really is a moot point, they took 5.9 billion in 2009. But anyways...

They all got bailed out so that really is a moot point, they took 5.9 billion in 2009. But anyways...

Incorrect. Ford did not get a bail out, did not declare bankruptcy , did not take a penny of TARP money, returned to profitability over a year before anyone thought they would, rehired laid off workers, re opened shuttered factories and they should be commended for it.

Chrysler on the other hand is owned by the taxpayers and Fiat. GM pulled a stunt by broadcasting a commercial indicating that they had fully repaid their TARP money years ahead of schedule when in reality they used one taxpayer bailout source to pay off another all while breaking up the company into a solvent half which could avoid bankruptcy and an insolvent half where the creditors and taxpayers are still paying for it.

http://money.cnn.com...rtune/index.htm

JohnnyOV likes this

Incorrect. Ford did not get a bail out, did not declare bankruptcy , did not take a penny of TARP money, returned to profitability over a year before anyone thought they would, rehired laid off workers, re opened shuttered factories and they should be commended for it.

Chrysler on the other hand is owned by the taxpayers and Fiat. GM pulled a stunt by broadcasting a commercial indicating that they had fully repaid their TARP money years ahead of schedule when in reality they used one taxpayer bailout source to pay off another all while breaking up the company into a solvent half which could avoid bankruptcy and an insolvent half where the creditors and taxpayers are still eating a sh!t sandwich.

http://money.cnn.com...rtune/index.htm

Hence while my next car is going to be a Ford as soon as this lease is up. That, and they're coming out with some fantastic options and very reliable cars now.

firedude likes this

Chrysler on the other hand is owned by the taxpayers and Fiat. GM pulled a stunt by broadcasting a commercial indicating that they had fully repaid their TARP money years ahead of schedule when in reality they used one taxpayer bailout source to pay off another all while breaking up the company into a solvent half which could avoid bankruptcy and an insolvent half where the creditors and taxpayers are still eating a sh!t sandwich.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/12/autos/Bill-Ford-Alan-Mulally-carmaker.fortune/index.htm

I do understand that they did not take monies from the Federal Government for "operating" costs or to stay afloat. But in 2009 they accepted 5.9 billion as part of a retooling and "efficiency improvement" package. If the 5.9 had to be shelled out by Ford, would they have had to cut somewhere else?

Im sorry that we may not see eye to eye on the perfect definition of a "bailout" program, but I would consider this help from the government.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jesx2f8Y8dKUCMIhgM_8K_XMLd6Q

Edit: After reading reading what I wrote, I could be totally wrong, and I will just go bury my head in sand.

Edited by newsbuff

I will buy whatever I feel meets my needs, likes, etc. I could care less about who got what. If I want a GM..I'm going to buy a GM. I think that is about the only money given by the government that made any sense and kept people at work. Where would our economy be if the vehicle industry or any one of them collapsed. They did a much better job then the banks did when they got money.

Oh..and I forgot 2 things. More then likely I'll be getting another Hyundai Sonata or going back to Nissan Maxima. Why..its what I like, it fits my needs and also have been 2 of the most reliable cars I've ever owned.

Second point...I don't know about everyone else...and I normally don't comment on such threads..but I really don't care why they went to another vehicle or new one. Its what they felt they needed and really none of my business. If you really want to know...call the source.

x129K likes this

I do understand that they did not take monies from the Federal Government for "operating" costs or to stay afloat. But in 2009 they accepted 5.9 billion as part of a retooling and "efficiency improvement" package. If the 5.9 had to be shelled out by Ford, would they have had to cut somewhere else?

Im sorry that we may not see eye to eye on the perfect definition of a "bailout" program, but I would consider this help from the government.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jesx2f8Y8dKUCMIhgM_8K_XMLd6Q

Edit: After reading reading what I wrote, I could be totally wrong, and I will just go bury my head in sand.

There is no need to bury your head in the sand while having a mature conversation.

Ford did indeed receive money in the form of a loan from the federal government through the department of energy as an enticement to further develop fuel efficient vehicles. The fruits of this loan are already paying off in the form of the more powerful yet much more efficient motors that are going into F-150's and the Taurus, not to mention Ford's very successful hybrid program with the Fusion and Escape as well as the new plugin hybrid technology slated for later this year in the Focus. The only thing they could do to improve on this is to bring the European Focus spec diesel motor to the states which is capable of 50mpg.

Chrysler and GM are slated receive similar loans. The government will make money (albeit not much) off these loans and therefore to any manufacturer who receives one, I would not consider it a bailout. On a personal note, I would prefer that the government not loan money to businesses as I believe it creates a levered relationship between commerce and government which I do not believe is beneficial to a free economy nor is it equitable to smaller companies who do not have access to similarly structured loans from the government.

The difference between a government loan and the situation with GM and Chrysler's bailout is tremendous and most certainly inappropriate. The events that took place surrounding their bail out and the conditions that have been put in place violate decades of bankruptcy and securities law. Most shareholders of the previous entities (General Motors Company used to be General Motors Corporation and The Chrysler Group used to be Chrysler LLC) lost every ounce of equity that they had and the secured creditors got pennies on the dollar for their receivables. Then the New General Motors (the old is now officially known as Motors Liquidation Co.) floats a new IPO where you guessed it, the US Treasury department owns 60% percent (although they've sold off part of it). The government of our country should not be the owner of or a significant shareholder of any business. It has been proven that the government does a poor job of running any form of enterprise. Just take for example the United States Postal Service and Amtrak. Both are examples of government run companies that lose money hand over foot. Finally, the fact that shareholder equity in Chrysler Corp was eradicated by a government dictated bankruptcy and control of the company was given to a foreign (Fiat) automobile manufacturer is awful.

FF398 likes this

The old 2432 is up for auction...

2003 Ford F550 XL SD Rescue Vehicle

post-17100-0-58233500-1326427779.jpg

2003 Ford F550 XL SD Rescue Vehicle

VIN# 1FDAX57P53ED00846, 71845.2 mi

Super Cab with 6.0L V8 OHV 32V diesel engine, 325HP. 5-speed auto transmission. Starts, runs & drives. 4WD, A/C. 225/70R19.5 tires in good condition. Good body: Odyssey 9.5-ft extruded aluminum rescue utility body on back (60-in high x 114-in long with special compartments). Has on board compressor, 7.5kW generator, Whelen scene lights, Federal siren, rear rescue tool elevator, and more. Fair interior. Fair mechanically: new front suspension, will need rear suspension replaced (right night fighter oos), replaced injection pump & turbo, has heavy duty electrical system. Sold with keys & clean title.

All info and the photo is courtesy of Auctions International.

Anyone have a pic of the new 2432? I noticed they put new striping on Utility 37 too.

Anyone have a pic of the new 2432? I noticed they put new striping on Utility 37 too.

this is the new 2432... Not my video, from youtube.

Tour Commander ? Is it the Same as like a Deputy Chief and thats just what they go by in Scarsdale or am I just way off ?

I don't think they pick the tuck over who had a bail out or anything. Lets get back on topic I am going with it fit there needs and they wanted something a bit bigger. Who cares who took a Bail out

Tour Commander ? Is it the Same as like a Deputy Chief and thats just what they go by in Scarsdale or am I just way off ?

In Scarsdale the shift officer is a Captain. SFD is not structured with the rank of Deputy Chief. I believe Eastchester FD is the same way , Captain is the supervisor for the day/night.

Edited by Firemn2742A

Don't forget, this body has already been remounted once from another chasis, around 2002 if I remember correctly.

It used to be that this unit carried all Scarsdale's extrication and other special equipment along with the Officer(as did Hartsdale Car 2172 at the time). With the new fire apparatus delivered, I think that took away a lot of the purpose of this truck and allowed a more conventional IC vehicle.

However, I'm suprised Scarsdale didn't keep it for Special Ops, but I have no idea the condition of the body. It's obvious via the posting that the truck is in desperate need of a complete chasis replacement.

In Scarsdale the shift officer is a Captain. SFD is not structured with the rank of Deputy Chief. I believe Eastchester FD is the same way , Captain is the supervisor for the day/night.

Yes Eastchester has the same set up. The tour Commander holds the rank of Captain car 2102. The Deputy Chief rank in Eastchester is the top ranking volunteer firefighter.