Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sous73

Yonkers FD LODD / FF Antonio C. Rodriques, Ladder Co. 74

41 posts in this topic

Line of Duty Death: City of Yonkers Firefighter Antonio C. Rodriques, Ladder Company 74

The Yonkers, N.Y. Fire Department regrets to inform you of the line of duty death of 48 year old Firefighter Antonio C. Rodriques, a twelve year veteran of the Yonkers Fire Department. Firefighter Rodriques passed away on the evening of Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, N.Y. where family, friends and his brother firemen sat vigil by his bedside 24/7 for the past two weeks.

Firefighter Rodriques was hospitalized on July 18, 2012 as a result of injuries sustained on May 9, 2012, while on duty and conducting Department training.

Firefighter Rodriques was the recipient of 6 Departmental Commendations during his career and was a lifelong resident of Yonkers, N.Y.

Firefighter Antonio C. Rodriques is survived by his beloved parents, Celeste and Celestino Rodriques, his older brother, Lester C. Rodriques, his sister-in-law Anna Maria Rodriques, his niece, Nicole Rodriques, his nephews, Matthew and Alex Rodriques, and his girlfriend, Amy Krawczyk.

Firefighter Antonio C. Rodriques took part in many life saving rescues during his career, and through his death, he saved still more. Firefighter Rodriques' organs were donated to several recipients through the New York Donation Network earlier this morning.

A full Fire Department Honors wake will be held at Flynn's Funeral Home at 1652 Central Avenue in Yonkers, this Friday, August 3, 2012 from 2pm - 9pm. All members of the fire service are welcome to come honor FF Antonio C. Rodriques, or A-Rod as he was known here in Yonkers. Please note, the wake is one day only.

A full Fire Department Honors LODD Mass of Christian Burial will be held at Immaculate Conception / St. Mary's Church, 103 South Broadway in Yonkers on Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 10am. All members of the fire service are welcome once again to come and honor FF Rodriques.

Internment will be following the Mass at St. Mary's Cemetery, 114 Sprain Road in Yonkers.

Summer Class A/Dress Uniform is the appropriate attire.

The members of the Yonkers FIre Department, Local 628 / UFOA ask that you keep the family of FF Rodriques in your thoughts and prayers.

May he rest in peace and prayers and thoughts go to his family and the Yonkers FD

Thoughts and prayers to the Yonkers Fire Department.

Too soon for you guys to be doing this again.

X307 likes this

Rest in Peace Brother. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends as well as his comrades with the Yonkers Fire Department.

This guy was a class act...much involvement with Ronald McDonald House, etc....We'll miss you Tony....

redtruck75 likes this

RIP Brother thoughts and prayers to his family and extended family at YFD

Going to miss you A-ROD! And so are the citizens of yonkers. You were a true professional at your job and most of all a gentleman in life.

redtruck75, 1911 and X307 like this

May God look over FF Rodriques, his family and brothers in the Yonkers Fire Department. A true tragedy to lose someone who obviously touched so many lives.

RIP

If we had to say there is a down side to being part of the Fire Serrvice this would be it. I was a member of the Yonkers Fire Department for almost 29 years and I can say with certainty that you burry too many friends before their time. However to go along with that is one of my sayings I used all the time. Everything in life is give and take, therefore if it were not for the Fire Service I would not have made so many Good and Close friends over the last 29 years. I had the pleasure of being one of A. Rods traing Officers when he started his career on the YFD, it was there that are friendship started. Tony was a True Gentleman, True Friend, Geat Firefighter, and one of the most giving people you would ever want to meet. He would do anything for a person in need, and he continued that even on his last day with us. The only thing that brings a sense of compfort to me as I think about my friend is that I know he is in excellent company with all the other Great people taken from us to early. You will truly be missed by the many people that you touched their lives

Good bye MY FRIEND see you again one day.

Your Friend

Mike

RIP. Thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and fellow firefighters.

A wake is scheduled at Flynn Memorial Home in Yonkers from 2 to 9 p.m. Friday. A funeral Mass will be held at Immaculate Conception-St. Mary’s Church at 103 S. Broadway at 10 a.m. Saturday, followed by interment at St. Mary’s Cemetery at 114 Sprain Road. (Source)

Per the request of YFD, The American Red Cross will be on hand to provide canteening services and emotional support to the attendees of the funeral on Saturday. They will be located on the corner of S. Broadway and Nepperhan.

Rest in peace Antonio have a beer with Kieth up there.