JetPhoto

After two ambushes, Newburgh PBA wants more support from city council

26 posts in this topic

Crazy that in a city with so much violence they only have 2 patrolman on at night

After two ambushes, Newburgh PBA wants more support from city council

Responding to two instances of mob violence against police officers in just the past few days, the Newburgh Police Benevolent Association came out Tuesday with a demand for answers and action from the Newburgh City Council to protect its police force.

Among the issues brought up by Teamsters Local 445 Principal Officer Adrian Huff was an insufficiently staffed department, especially at night.

http://www.midhudson...BA-29Aug12.html

BFD1054 and grumpyff like this

Hate to sound this way, but if i were a NPD officer on the night tour, i'd find a nice quiet place to "relax." Wouldnt go out of my way to do anything pro-active.

Some residents held what was suppose to be a peaceful gathering that turned into an all out riot with several LEOs being injured. Absolute savages that have NO respect for anyone, let alone LE personnel. Some of the attendees even attacked the Firemen that came to douse an ILLEGAL bon fire.

God bless the members of the Newburgh PD and FD!

grumpyff, JM15, Just a guy and 1 other like this

Hate to sound this way, but if i were a NPD officer on the night tour, i'd find a nice quiet place to "relax." Wouldnt go out of my way to do anything pro-active.

Some residents held what was suppose to be a peaceful gathering that turned into an all out riot with several LEOs being injured. Absolute savages that have NO respect for anyone, let alone LE personnel. Some of the attendees even attacked the Firemen that came to douse an ILLEGAL bon fire.

God bless the members of the Newburgh PD and FD!

Halllligan's a man's best friend

BFD1054 likes this

I hope those two guys are riding together, and not solo in two cars. That is absolutely unsafe.

Would you expect anything less from those skells up there? They should carpet bomb that whole area!

Halllligan's a man's best friend

Just do not bring it to a gun fight, the locals are well armed and not afraid to shoot at armed LEO's....much less halligan swinging FF's.

BFD1054 likes this

Just do not bring it to a gun fight, the locals are well armed and not afraid to shoot at armed LEO's....much less halligan swinging FF's.

Barry, you are absolutely right. I live in New Windsor which borders Newburgh and i hate even driving through there. As for the FD, hope they can get the hell out of any situation before it comes to violence.

My wife volunteers for Habitat for Humanity in Newburgh and often has to go to meetings there at night. She has a nice car and has had locals try and approach it while at lights, stop signs, etc. I have told her on more than one occasion, do NOT stop for anything if you dont feel safe. If need be, run the traffic light (when safe) and get the hell outta dodge. Ive told her that the LEOs would be understanding if she were ever stopped. I truly fear for her and i have gone with her on occasion, but im scared myself as i am unarmed and would be outnumbered.

Ive said it before in other Newburgh related threads; that City needs MORE cops and firemen, not less!

Again to the brothers and sisters of NPD and NFD, stay safe.

Edited by BFD1054
JetPhoto likes this

The PD rides with one officer per car usually. The Mayor and a Council Member even attended the rally. The politicians routinely support the criminals more than the PD and FD. Two council members publically, on TV, declared the Officers involved in the shooting guilty, before the investigation even began. The Grand Jury found no wrong doing, but these scumbags continue to demand the Officers lose their jobs. These spineless politicians continually yes them, and let them get away with derailing council meetings, stop traffic, block off whole streets without any kind of consequences.

This last week, with the two (so far) mob ambushes have resulted in 5 officers injured, a police dog injured by a thrown brick, and several PD cars, a Chiefs's car, and a pumper damaged. The animals stormed headquarters and the police station (same building) and threatened the crews with more violence. No wide spread round-up of these criminals is allowed. The Officers present are, rightfully so, afraid to use any kind of force, and the only person arrested Monday night ( the ringleader) was released and given an apology by the judge as soon as he appeared before the bench. No bail, ROR. Business as usual for this judge, and no way to remove him. This city is in the porceline roller coaster and spinning faster.

Edited by Newburgher
billy98988, dashield, x129K and 2 others like this

So, wait for the gangs to have a total brawl, and have the "kids" in town get killed. Then, let the parents b**** and complain about, "Oh lordy when is the violence gonna end, my son was such a good kid! Where were the police?"

Simple answer, afraid of the gangs because there aren't enough of us. Does the chief have enough balls to say that?

(I don't know anything about the NPD administration, so if he is a good guy, my apologies)

Edited by newsbuff
SageVigiles likes this

Sounds like a third world country...

If the Newburgh City government is unable or unwilling to do anything, then maybe it is time that the Orange County Sheriff's Office or New York State Police step in.

JetPhoto likes this

If the Newburgh City government is unable or unwilling to do anything, then maybe it is time that the Orange County Sheriff's Office or New York State Police step in.

which sounds like a good idea.

but, where is the funding going to come from?

Didn't they try that before? I thought I read somewhere that OCSO was patrolling Newburgh?

The Governor should declare a state of emergency in Newburgh, send in the National Guard to assist the PD & FD and use his power to remove the Mayor and Council Members and replace them with competent individuals.

JetPhoto likes this

The Governor should declare a state of emergency in Newburgh, send in the National Guard to assist the PD & FD and use his power to remove the Mayor and Council Members and replace them with competent individuals.

Hahaha, if Cuomo actually paid any attention to the state he is in charge of, and didn't just worry about what others think of him....

JetPhoto and SSweet88MonteSS like this

Didn't they try that before? I thought I read somewhere that OCSO was patrolling Newburgh?

Yes Orange County Sheriffs Deputies are patrolling with the CNPD Only from 0700-2100

Sussman's associate, George Figueroa, said afterward it seemed as though police were working through the Sheriff's Office to get at the Lembhards

sounds like Mogadishu circa 1993

More like a chapter from Blackhawk Down! This City sounds like a funeral waiting to happen.

Seriously, If thing are that bad take Richard Pryor’s advice “RUN” don’t stand there “RUN”.

It’s time to transfer to a department that is at least offers some support. I remember a quote but don’t remember who said it. “A society that makes war on the police had better make friends with the criminals.” It sound like this place has adopted that policy. The only advice I can give is, if employees start leaving then the politicians will have to address the issue. As you won’t see them in blue.

JM15 likes this

The problem here is that talk is cheap, but officers on patrol are not. If the Mayor wanted to really do something, she'd find the $ to put more officers on per shift and make it happen TODAY.

PCFD ENG58 and x129K like this