Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMS92

Biker thugs involved in police chase

31 posts in this topic

As a Yonkers resident I'm proud it was our guys who stopped these clowns. I don't know what these bikers were thinking.

Good job guys!

Been a busy weekend for YPD 4th Pct.

billy98988, BFD1054, x635 and 1 other like this

Anyone know if these bikers were through the Tarrytown/Irvington area? I got off Taconic and 3 Bikes went flying by with a WCPD Charger flying after them with all the lights on.. They turned towards Tarrytown.. (Off the taconic)

From what I understand, there was a large group of motorcycles being chased over the TZ bridge.

Once they got into Westchester they split into smaller groups. It is possible that separate groups were pursued by various Police Depts.

As a Yonkers resident I'm proud it was our guys who stopped these clowns. I don't know what these bikers were thinking.

Good job guys!

Been a busy weekend for YPD 4th Pct.

It was an incredibly busy weekend for us in the 4th. Thank you for the support, it's good to know that we still have people behind us.

Why in the world would you try to flee and then assault a police officer for being stopped for traffic violations? Were the bikes unregistered, unisured, stolen, warrants out on these guys? Or is this a weekend ritual amongst these street biker clubs.

Louie likes this

Anyone know if these bikers were through the Tarrytown/Irvington area? I got off Taconic and 3 Bikes went flying by with a WCPD Charger flying after them with all the lights on.. They turned towards Tarrytown.. (Off the taconic)

I believe they did because they came through dobbs and hastings and the taconic is not near dobbs or hastings

BigBuff likes this

Why in the world would you try to flee and then assault a police officer for being stopped for traffic violations? Were the bikes unregistered, unisured, stolen, warrants out on these guys? Or is this a weekend ritual amongst these street biker clubs.

because they are stupid and they were prob drunk to say the least being they were driving reckless on the NYS thruway

This incident reminded me of a guy I used to work with occasionally, a water service tech. He belonged to one of these groups. He was in his 30s married with two kids. He was a pretty solid guy but he liked to ride motorcycles and ride them fast.

He lived and rode with a group in northern New Jersey. I recall him telling me one of the rides they used to take was on Sunday mornings, down the New Jersey Turnpike. They'd get on the pike around Teaneck Road and ride down to Cherry Hill New Jersey, just east of Philadelphia. They used to make it in an incredibly short time, way less than an hour. He told they used to average 85 mph and do 100 mph over long stretches. In a group of probably thirty or forty bikes. All of the guys were working guys, married with kids, probably all 30-40 years old.

I told him in a nice way that I thought he was nuts. That they were endangering every other motorist on the highway, to say nothing of the danger they exposed themselves to. He used to laugh. He knew I was right but he loved to ride the bike fast. It was like he was addicted to it.

In all other ways he was a reasonable guy, he was a good guy to work with too. But he just didn't get it.

Most of all I used to wonder what would happen if the NJSP went after them. I would presume the troopers were going to be pretty unhappy, and well they should be. I was also pretty sure his group would probably be confrontational. He had this idea in his head that forcing his group to obey the speed limits was like taking some of their freedom away. He just didn't see how nonsensical that was.

Edited by tommyguy
Louie, BFD1054 and x635 like this

With the new TZ bridge in the planning stages, perhaps a PD controlled trap door could be added to prevent this kind of stuff in the future?

x129K and JM15 like this

Nice idea, But that just changes it from car chase to a marine incident.

Certainly slows them down though...

Nice idea, But that just changes it from car chase to a marine incident.

And then some of those fire-rescue and police boats could be justified.

Medic137 likes this

I was passed by 3 of them, one which seemed like a Harley Davidson. They came flying up behind me, and then proceeded across the yellow line, and around doing at approx 85mph. Then I was passed by a Westchester County PD Dodge Charger, not going fast at all. These guys were probably hells angels or something and performed a crime and had a few drinks in them or something. Or just kids trying to have fun..

And that comment about a gate on the new bridge, they would have to do a lot of cleaning up to do after the collision... to say the least

Why do the hells angels have to be automatically brought into this ? Because they were bikers disobeying the law? Did you see what colors they were wearing ? I happen to know a bunch of H.A. members who are probably the most charitable people I know , they joined the club because thats what they believe in. I'm pretty certain that they wouldn't bring about bad press to their club considering all the heat they have been under latley.

redtruck75 likes this

It could of been a bunch of punks on crotch rockets who dont respect anyone or anything

Why do the hells angels have to be automatically brought into this ? Because they were bikers disobeying the law? Did you see what colors they were wearing ? I happen to know a bunch of H.A. members who are probably the most charitable people I know , they joined the club because thats what they believe in. I'm pretty certain that they wouldn't bring about bad press to their club considering all the heat they have been under latley.

I found the following on the DOJ's website.....

Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs (OMGs) are organizations whose members use their motorcycle clubs as conduits for criminal enterprises. OMGs are highly structured criminal organizations whose members engage in criminal activities such as violent crime, weapons trafficking, and drug trafficking. There are more than 300 active OMGs within the United States, ranging in size from single chapters with five or six members to hundreds of chapters with thousands of members worldwide. The Hells Angels, Mongols, Bandidos, Outlaws, and Sons of Silence pose a serious national domestic threat and conduct the majority of criminal activity linked to OMGs, especially activity relating to drug-trafficking and, more specifically, to cross-border drug smuggling. Because of their transnational scope, these OMGs are able to coordinate drug smuggling operations in partnership with major international drug-trafficking organizations (DTOs).

Just because you may know some of them and they are "charitable" doesn't mean they aren't part of a criminal organization. When you see a gang poster in a precinct, the hells angels are listed right along side the bloods and the crips, they are all gang members there is no difference.

Danger, nycmedic, boca1day and 6 others like this

I found the following on the DOJ's website.....

Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs (OMGs) are organizations whose members use their motorcycle clubs as conduits for criminal enterprises. OMGs are highly structured criminal organizations whose members engage in criminal activities such as violent crime, weapons trafficking, and drug trafficking. There are more than 300 active OMGs within the United States, ranging in size from single chapters with five or six members to hundreds of chapters with thousands of members worldwide. The Hells Angels, Mongols, Bandidos, Outlaws, and Sons of Silence pose a serious national domestic threat and conduct the majority of criminal activity linked to OMGs, especially activity relating to drug-trafficking and, more specifically, to cross-border drug smuggling. Because of their transnational scope, these OMGs are able to coordinate drug smuggling operations in partnership with major international drug-trafficking organizations (DTOs).

Just because you may know some of them and they are "charitable" doesn't mean they aren't part of a criminal organization. When you see a gang poster in a precinct, the hells angels are listed right along side the bloods and the crips, they are all gang members there is no difference.

I was hoping someone with an LE background would stand up and say it first. If I could like this multiple times I would.

It was 300 mc. Look them up on you tube. African americans on sport bikes!

What does it matter that yet are African American?

If they were chinese, white, aliens or zombies i would of posted it. They so happen to be african americans. Just a fact.

If they were chinese, white, aliens or zombies i would of posted it. They so happen to be african americans. Just a fact.

I'd pay good money to see a zombie motorcycle gang.

JM15, Just a guy, EMS92 and 2 others like this

You know a few of them, thats great! Did you ever look up how big the group is? I did not see vests or anything, I just said it because they are one of the bigger bike groups around..

And, since you say most of them are nice and great people, care to elaborate about all the crimes they have committed? Was it not their fault, or not them? Such as the one the other night IFO the Kisco Diner? What I was told was they were illegally passing someone at high speeds and the driver sped up so they couldn't get around, so they boxed him in, ripped him out of the car, and beat the living sh*t out of him, in front of everyone to see. Why in the world would I think they are "charitable" and "great' people? Some of us don't know "a bunch of them" :mellow:

I am not trying to start a big conversation about the Hells Angels and how good/bad they are, just replying to your post.

Edited by BigBuff