AndyC3J

New Apparatus Orders/Deliveries - All Areas Discussion Thread

816 posts in this topic

Wanted to create an information source regarding new apparatus orders for the area, not limited just to Orange. Any new rigs for Ulster, Dutchess, Putnam, Bergen (NJ), Rockland, Nassau.....and of course, Westchester.

Any bids, orders, deliveries, "spy shots", etc. that anyone is willing to share, feel free to post 'em up!

Maybrook is in process of building a new engine to replace Engine 215. The new engine will be designated as Engine 218. From what I have heard, they are looking to make it a twin to Engine 210, 2012 Spartan ERV Metro Star.

FDNY 10-75 and Westfield12 like this

Been following Spartan closely since we got our engine. Seems they are really taking off in the area.

Trucks on Order -

Ossining - Spartan Pumper

Pleasantville - Spartan Pumper

Congers - Spartan Mid-Mount Platform

Thiells -Spartan Pumper

Larchmont - Spartan Rescue

New Rochelle - Spartan Pumper

Suffern - Spartan Rescue

Been following Spartan closely since we got our engine. Seems they are really taking off in the area.

Trucks on Order -

Ossining - Spartan Pumper

Pleasantville - Spartan Pumper

Congers - Spartan Mid-Mount Platform

Thiells -Spartan Pumper

Larchmont - Spartan Rescue

New Rochelle - Spartan Pumper

Suffern - Spartan Rescue

Are you taking about Spartan ERV or Spartan Chassis, 2 different things.

New Rochelle has Smeal engines on Spartan Chassis on order

Sawkill and Stone Ridge (Ulster County,NY) have trucks in final inspection at Rosenbauer. Rifton has a 2014 Seagrave pumper on order.

Bedford Hills (Westchester)

Seagrave 2000 GPM Marauder II Pumper to replace current E198 (1997 Pierce)

Delivery expected fall 2014

EmsFirePolice likes this

Rombout either has taken delivery of a new Supthen engine or will be soon.. It replaces 62-12 and if you look on there facebook page there's pics of the old rig in its new home Midway Tennessee.

idlewildvfd likes this

Derby ct just awarded the contract for engine 12s replacement to pierce

Rombout either has taken delivery of a new Supthen engine or will be soon.. It replaces 62-12 and if you look on there facebook page there's pics of the old rig in its new home Midway Tennessee.

They also have a few progress photos of the new engine.

Hebron,CT has a Spartan Metro Star 4-Guys CAFS pumper in production.

Vails Gate has a Pierce Arrow XT Rescue in production.

Edited by suffernH&Lbuff
idlewildvfd likes this

Palisades Park FD, Bergen County has a Pierce Arrow XT Rescue on order with either an 18 or 20ft box, 300gal tank and booster pump.

New Haven has 3 engines on order. Engines 5, 9 and 11 I believe.

New Fairfield has a replacement ambulance for 91-2 (formerly known as Squantz Ambulance) on order.

Mac8146 likes this

I was going to post about Palisades Park but someone beat me to it Fort Lee has a new international/horton ambulance on order Fort Lee co #2 still specing their replacement to thier 1990 spartan/ saulsbury Heavy rescue

Edited by vodoly

Tenafly NJ ordered a Pierce Impel walk around body

I had heard a rumor Chappaqua is in the process of ordering a tanker, can anyone confirm this?

I don't know, but they currently do not have a tanker, so maybe it may be a new addition to their manpower...

I highly doubt this. The vast majority of their district is well covered with hydrants. There is one area on the east end of town that borders North Castle that if I recall has a lengthy lay but I cant imagine them spending the money on a tanker for this. Also going back six months on the district meeting notes that are available on their website there is no mention of a tanker purchase.

ptwatson likes this

They also have a few progress photos of the new engine.

Delivery is scheduled for Friday 3/28.

post-4165-0-23577300-1395086618.jpg

Dover (JHK) is taking delivery of a new E-One Engine and a tanker later this year, not sure of the models but I'll get some more information.

x635 and suffernH&Lbuff like this

I highly doubt this. The vast majority of their district is well covered with hydrants. There is one area on the east end of town that borders North Castle that if I recall has a lengthy lay but I cant imagine them spending the money on a tanker for this. Also going back six months on the district meeting notes that are available on their website there is no mention of a tanker purchase.

I too have seen the rumor that Chapp. was getting a tanker. I saw it on either massfiretrucks.com or 10-75.net.

Either way, CFD retired and sold E145 in 2013 without a replacement as far as I can tell.

I too have seen the rumor that Chapp. was getting a tanker. I saw it on either massfiretrucks.com or 10-75.net.

Either way, CFD retired and sold E145 in 2013 without a replacement as far as I can tell.

I posted that based on information that I had found here (presumably from) a member of CFD.

No idea if a bid was ever awarded.

Cortlandt VAC 2 Chevy Tahoes. Should be delivered any day

Cortlandt VAC 2 Chevy Tahoes. Should be delivered any day

Kenny, will these be BLS, ALS or staff vehicles?

There were some rumblings about getting a tanker but the priority last I knew was to sell R23 and replace it with a Rescue/Engine. The whole issue is complicated by the endless wrangling about buying the property next door to the Bedford Rd. firehouse for a planned expansion. If they purchase any new apparatus now it will have to be housed in the shallow, low-ceilinged upper bays and serious design compromises would have to be made.

Does anyone know who Pine Bush or Sparrowbush (both in Orange) went with for their respective new rigs, or if orders have officially been placed?

Also, while not specifically referenced in the OP, info about Sullivan (NY), Sussex (NJ) and Pike (PA) counties is also welcome, if we have any members from (or with connections to) those areas.