Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Playland-Muslims Riot over "Hijab" wearing

85 posts in this topic

Well this is truly amazing. According to lohud, over 60 police units had to respond from as far south as Tuckahoe to deal with this unreasonable and unruly crowd. Why? Because their "muslim sensibilities" were insulted? Give me a freakin' break. The rules are posted and for certain rides, there is to be NO WEARING OF ANY TYPE OF HEADGEAR period.

Why do these people think they are exempt from the rules, the laws? I know what they would like; Sharia Law. Their own version of a justice system implemented in the countries they emigrate to. I think that is a disgusting disgrace, as were the actions of these supposedly "religious" people at the Playland park.

Look, you people want to assimilate in this country, fine. I guess we have to let some of you in. But if you don't like the system, the rules in place... TOO F'IN BAD, go back to the place you came from.

The difference between these people and the ancestors of many of us here in this forum is our great-grandparents had a huge desire to assimilate into the American culture. That's why on my mother's side, they came from Italy, moved into the south Bronx and gave up teaching their native language to their children, my mother, and therefore I don't know Italian today as a result. I wish that part were different, but the point being these people were so anxious to "fit in" they even gave up their language. Italian was forbidden to be spoken in the house by my great-grandparents, as a result their great-grandchildren only speak English.

Now these muslims with their headgear, the hijab, they can't even get on the Dragon Coaster without starting a ruckus? Like Playland OWES them something, like WE owe them anything? They should kiss the ground of freedom they walk upon, shut their damn mouths, follow the rules, or else.

What a waste of PD resources to have to direct half the cars on patrol up to Playland because these freaking people were "insulted"! Enough! Fit in or GET OUT!

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110830/NEWS02/110830004/Police-arrest-15-Playland-dispute-over-Muslim-headwear?odyssey=nav|head

fjp326, SOUSGT, x635 and 23 others like this

I actually was in the area when this happened. I went over to see what happened, to only be kicked out of the area by county police. I have to agree with you... rules are rules. By the way, units from as far sounth as NYC came. The response was huge.

Does anyone know what a code "Blue" is... it was sent over the hotline.

Rye Patch Article and Video

The Rye Daily Article

Staging Area:

6099612957_63301a765c_z.jpg

6100148656_5881291f78_z.jpg

The Photos I took can be found here.

Edited by firedude
x129K likes this

Blue is a level of response. There are multiple. Each level brings different amounts of response. That's as far as I'll go as not to "lay all our cards on the table".

firedude, 25truck26 and BFD1054 like this

This has made international news and is a pretty high profile incident. WCPD and Westchester County will be in the hotseat. Playland will get more bad publicity.

Westchester County is going to get sued, and chances are they will probaly settle as do most government agencies do nowadays as it's far cheaper than standing their ground. There are probaly lawyers tripping over one another to take this case.

The Muslim community in the US now has great publicity about how they are treated in the US.This is going to stir up cries of hatered and prejudice because of 9/11, during the 10th Anniversary of 9/11.

From what I understand, this incident involved one woman, who was asked to remove her hijad for a ride. She got hostile with the ride operator, and other women came to her defense. As they went to get refunds, and as Playland officials were discussing this with the event organizers, things heated up even more. To note, there were 3,000 people at this event, and that's what drew PD response. It really doesn't matter how many PD vehicles there was, because in general most PD cars carry one officer each.

efdcapt115 likes this

The leader of the outing was advised ahead of time of the rule. He failed to notify some people on the group so its his fault.

Well this is truly amazing. According to lohud, over 60 police units had to respond from as far south as Tuckahoe to deal with this unreasonable and unruly crowd. Why? Because their "muslim sensibilities" were insulted? Give me a freakin' break. The rules are posted and for certain rides, there is to be NO WEARING OF ANY TYPE OF HEADGEAR period.

Why do these people think they are exempt from the rules, the laws? I know what they would like; Sharia Law. Their own version of a justice system implemented in the countries they emigrate to. I think that is a disgusting disgrace, as were the actions of these supposedly "religious" people at the Playland park.

Look, you people want to assimilate in this country, fine. I guess we have to let some of you in. But if you don't like the system, the rules in place... TOO F'IN BAD, go back to the place you came from.

The difference between these people and the ancestors of many of us here in this forum is our great-grandparents had a huge desire to assimilate into the American culture. That's why on my mother's side, they came from Italy, moved into the south Bronx and gave up teaching their native language to their children, my mother, and therefore I don't know Italian today as a result. I wish that part were different, but the point being these people were so anxious to "fit in" they even gave up their language. Italian was forbidden to be spoken in the house by my great-grandparents, as a result their great-grandchildren only speak English.

Now these muslims with their headgear, the hijab, they can't even get on the Dragon Coaster without starting a ruckus? Like Playland OWES them something, like WE owe them anything? They should kiss the ground of freedom they walk upon, shut their damn mouths, follow the rules, or else.

What a waste of PD resources to have to direct half the cars on patrol up to Playland because these freaking people were "insulted"! Enough! Fit in or GET OUT!

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110830/NEWS02/110830004/Police-arrest-15-Playland-dispute-over-Muslim-headwear?odyssey=nav|head

Couldn't have said it better.

The bottom line is that Park Officials DID properly communicate all of the Park Rules and Requirements well ahead of this outing to the Event Organizer. It was clearly their (The Event Organizers) responsibility to properly communicate these park rules and regulations to ALL of the (reported 3000) attendees of this event. If the participants of this event, who "alledgely claim" they were not informed of these rules ahead of time, have a beef with anyone, it is with the Event Organizer/Promoter. This individual FAILED to to their job (Maybe because if he clearly dicatated all of the Park Rules and Requirements to those who were interested in going, ahead of time, they (The Event Organizers) "MIGHT" not have gotten the response/committment of invitees to this event, as they did (Possibly some would have backed out). Wonder if the "Event Organizer(s) profited by this event (Event Fee vs. Park Entrance Fee)?? Hmmm? (Thus the possible reason for the so called "Communication Breakdown" (as Robert Plant once said "Communication Breakdown, Its Driving Me Insane")

It should ALWAYS be SAFETY FIRST (no matter who, what, where or why) in order to protect EVERYONE (Regardless of Age, Race, Color or Creed)

Just my 3 cents

The leader of the outing was advised ahead of time of the rule. He failed to notify some people on the group so its his fault.

This is true. But the woman and the larger group should have taken out their frustrations with the event organizer, not Playland and the PD.

This is true. But the woman and the larger group should have taken out their frustrations with the event organizer, not Playland and the PD.

Well unfortunately in today's society, it is easier to blame the police/government for some frivolous nonsense in order to make a quick buck at the taxpayers expense. Let them go to whatever hole they crawled out of and try the same thing over there. I can almost guarantee that the outcome for them would be totally different.

Hopefully the county sticks to its guns and doesn't bow down to these animals.

Graham26, x129K, fjp326 and 5 others like this

i read the article today while waiting for my breakfast at the deli this morning. i cannot believe that these people pulled a stunt like this. the ride operator was doing his job just like we do ours. and not only did people get arrested but 2 park rangers got hurt while trying to calm to situation. come on people lets get real! if u dont like the rules dont let the door hit u where allah split u!!!! i hope the 2 park rangers are doing alright and are back to work soon.

Just one thing Cap... plenty of Muslims born here these days... Nation of Islam and their ilk? So that don't always apply.

I have to say, I've never heard about Jews rioting at Playland because they can't get on certain rides with their hats & skullcaps.

As for immigrants, I'm one of them. I still get my balls busted at times for the Scottish accent. But I'll tell you this, I'm American now. Not Scottish-American or some other damned hyphenated thing. American. I came here for a reason, maybe some others need to remember why they came here. And if I don't like the rules or system I'll do what any American does; b**** about it, and get involved in the political process and try to change it to how I think it should be.

Mike

helicopper, x635, EMSer and 7 others like this

Would my family be able to go into 1 of there Mosques and not follow their rules????

Said it right there. Disgusting on THEIR part.

Haggerty 1029 likes this

This has made international news and is a pretty high profile incident. WCPD and Westchester County will be in the hotseat. Playland will get more bad publicity.

Westchester County is going to get sued, and chances are they will probaly settle as do most government agencies do nowadays as it's far cheaper than standing their ground. There are probaly lawyers tripping over one another to take this case.

The Muslim community in the US now has great publicity about how they are treated in the US.This is going to stir up cries of hatered and prejudice because of 9/11, during the 10th Anniversary of 9/11.

From what I understand, this incident involved one woman, who was asked to remove her hijad for a ride. She got hostile with the ride operator, and other women came to her defense. As they went to get refunds, and as Playland officials were discussing this with the event organizers, things heated up even more. To note, there were 3,000 people at this event, and that's what drew PD response. It really doesn't matter how many PD vehicles there was, because in general most PD cars carry one officer each.

This incident made the papers in the UK. They tend to put a different slant on the reporting. There are over a hundred responces from both the US and UK. They are worth reading. Two of the responces posted are:

My Orthodox Jewish friend was there and was told he had to remove his headcovering (yarmulka) if he wanted to go on specific rides. He did not scream anti-semitism - he understood that if he wanted to go on the ride he had to remove it. At that point it was his choice whether to do so or not. This was not an anti-muslim or anti-religious decision. It was made for safety purposes. I also cover my hair - with a scarf and I can understand that a ride might be dangerous if the scarf were to get tangled. People need to grow up and understand that while we might have freedom of religion in this country it doesn't mean that everybody has to cater to your specific whim. While Orthodox Jews don't eat pork - we don't freak out or riot if other people do or if pictures of pigs appear in our sight. Get over it.

- Calm Down , New York, USA, 31/8/2011 9:58

You know, Catholic nuns wear these types of scarves for religious reasons, but I have a hard time imagining a group of nuns breaking out into a brawl over having to remove their scarves if they wanted to ride one of these rides. We all know they'd do it peacefully and respectfully, and adapt ... or they'd just choose not to ride the ride. The difference between Islam and all others is that it places itself above the laws of a nation, above ALL nations -- and so it's headed for trouble wherever it settles. Contract that to the Christian religion which encourages its members to respect the laws and render onto Ceasar what is his .

JD, Fairfax, VA , 31/8/2011 7:43

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2032031/Ramadan-brawl-Rye-Playland-theme-park-Muslim-women-banned-rides.html#ixzz1WdVp0X00

With regard to any possible lawsuits, I hope the County stands thier ground. There is legal president on thier side. The Supreme Court has ruled against a Muslim woman that was denied a drivers license because she refused to remove her headgear for a license photo. The Court ruled that Florida's requirement for an uncovered head shot on the drivers license was proper for public safety.

xfirefighter484x likes this

George, all i can say is: Spot on brother!

Just want to say nice job by all PD's involved. Nice to see the PD mutual-aid coming together. Hope the Park Rangers werent hurt badly and for a speedy recovery.

efdcapt115 likes this

What happens when an American woman who is in a muslim country goes out in public? She has to cover her face...correct? It is the law of thier land..end of story. Why is it any different here? Enough!!

BFD1054 and Remember585 like this

http://www.lohud.com...dyssey=nav|head

George...well said...must have been the black tail tuna getting your brain cells going..........

efdcapt115 likes this

I will save the moderators and not express how I really feel about this. I know ALL muslims are not like that but I hope they NEVER question why I have those "First Thoughts" of them!!

Look on the bright side, this incident made national news and if ya never heard of Playland well now ya know. Hopefully people will see this incident for what it is a come out and enjoy Playland for the first time. Now we all remember our first time.................at Playland :ph34r:

Edited by Firediver

I will save the moderators and not express how I really feel about this. I know ALL muslims are not like that but I hope they NEVER question why I have those "First Thoughts" of them!!

Look on the bright side, this incident made national news and if ya never heard of Playland well now ya know. Hopefully people will see this incident for what it is a come out and enjoy Playland for the first time. Now we all remember our first time.................at Playland :ph34r:

Aug.15, 1974 was my first AT Playland !!!!!!!!

Aug.15, 1974 was my first AT Playland !!!!!!!!

I was less thana month from being born! :P:P

Good work post, Cap.

I suggest that every American do some research into the goals of Islam over the years. It will be an eye opener. Look at Europe now and it will be in America's future. Wonder why they try to gain converts in ghettos and prisons.

Yes, there may indeed be good Moslems. What does Sharia law say about them should they speak out to infidels against Islam?

If I even start posting some of these facts, our moderators will ban me for life.

Be afraid, America

MoFire390 and x129K like this

That sounds like a perfect letter to the editor on lohud if you ask me!

I doubt they would print it. Not PC enough!

If I even start posting some of these facts, our moderators will ban me for life.

You have excellent knowledge to share. Banning you for life from these forums would be doing a disservice to all those who visit and learn from this site. Your rep shows of 348'ish at the time of this writing, which shows that other members value your posts.

Although religous discussion is generally off limits, this is a discussion of a news event that involved emergency services. Just as long as it doesn't get TOO involved.

x129K and wraftery like this

Gotta watch out for these islamic groups, they are trying to take the world over. Its happening in countries all over the world. they even are starting to take over some American prisons (Muslim brotherhood)

Edited by 99subi
x129K likes this

Nice that I read this after reading the lohud article but before forming an opinion. They apparantly failed to mention a lot of the information you guys are talking about. This time, I'm going to have to agree with the majority here. If they were told ahead of time about the rules and they refused to abide by them, that's not the park's or county's problem. As long as the message is relayed to the event supervisor, the park has then covered their own asses and is no longer liable for it in some sense.

Here's a start to learning about the threat of Islam

and then

You also ,ight want to check out the background dection of the Response to Terrorism Course

Edited by wraftery

Chief, 2 good books are "American Jihad" by Steve Emerson and "The NExt Wave" by Catherine Herridge :ph34r:

My family wants to go to Playland today, I'm not from Westchester, was wondering if there is any reason not to go this afternoon, I assume things have settled down there. Anyone know what its like there the last couple of days? Thanks.

Scott