NOZ45ZLE

SPY SHOTS- City Of Yonkers Medical Evacuation Transport Unit

45 posts in this topic

Nice! I know this is grant funded, and based on the colors, I assume it was PD who got the grant.

I would like to see the Empress patch on it though.

I believe they use buses like this out in Jersey with the UASI program. I think both Newark and Jersey City have similar ones.

JCESU likes this

The METU bus is a UASI project involving Yonkers, Westchester County, Long Island, NYC, Newark, and others. Any and all buses are available for use locally and are available for a Regional response when required.

sfrd18 and x635 like this

Congrats to Yonkers on a progress and forward thinking unit. Looks well thought out. Who is the primary for this vehicle, PD, FD, OEM, Westchester DES or UASI? I see all five logos on the side.

Congrats to Yonkers on a progress and forward thinking unit. Looks well thought out. Who is the primary for this vehicle, PD, FD, OEM, Westchester DES or UASI? I see all five logos on the side.

Funny that you dont see any EMS logos on the side....

EdAngiolillo likes this

Funny that you dont see any EMS logos on the side....

Except the giant star of life?

Private, for-profit companies (IE: Empress) aren't granted access to UASI or other Homeland Security funds, if I'm not mistaken.

PEMO3 likes this

Guys - the YFD AND the YPD both ARE EMS, with the YFD obviously more prominent a provider.

SageVigiles likes this

I'm guessing that this was bought after Hurricane Sandy with all of the nursing home and hospital evacuations.

This will be a great resource no doubt however the star of life really should be blue.

The things our government wastes time (and money) regulating...

Edited by SageVigiles
fitzjr11 and 16fire5 like this

Dose Anyone Know Where Its Going To Be Stationed ?

If I had to guess I would say with pd being that it is black and white and I believe the paper in the window said Yonkers pd

If it's the same as FDNY and thats was the plan, all the same units able to respond to each other.

It has a winch in floor and with a Ferno LBS? can be used to move large patients instead of the old placing them on the floor.

This will be a great resource no doubt however the star of life really should be blue.

http://www.ems.gov/vgn-ext-templating/ems/sol/index.htm

http://www.ems.gov/vgn-ext-templating/ems/sol/pages/Specifications.htm

Even worse, PA stipulates the SOL should be a certain size on ambulances, NJ wants another size, DE another,..etc,...

My 2 cents - the symbol is arguably universal in identification, so I don't care if its fluorescent pink!

87D124 likes this

There's no DES logo on the side. Only Yonkers agencies and since Yonkers is a UASI partner I would guess that Yonkers is the lead for this one.

I saw a similar unit at NY Chiefs that was for Suffolk County and the price wasn't too bad I think around $100k. it would be great if the heavier populated areas had a county bus for mass transports such as evac's from nursing homes / hospitals or other MCI's

Check out, EMS Task Force State of New Jersey on Facebook. Overall helicopter shot of most of EMS Task Force vehicles.

I saw a similar unit at NY Chiefs that was for Suffolk County and the price wasn't too bad I think around $100k. it would be great if the heavier populated areas had a county bus for mass transports such as evac's from nursing homes / hospitals or other MCI's

$100K? That doesn't sound right.

SageVigiles likes this

http://www.brunswickcountync.gov/Portals/0/bcfiles/admin/commissioners/meetings/archive/2008/admin_minutes_100608.pdf

Page 8.

A grant from FEMA for a Brunswick County, NC Medical Transport Bus will set the feds back $324k back in 2008.

story here: http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/611351/mobile-evacuation-bus-expands-emergency-services

Edited by SRS131EMTFF

That sounds more accurate.

A grant from FEMA for a Brunswick County, NC Medical Transport Bus will set the feds back $324k back in 2008.

Its $100K for the bus

Its $224k (back in 2008) for the Star of Life and other decals required

INIT915, SageVigiles, 210 and 1 other like this

The PD will be the primary for this vehicle. It will be housed at the ESU office on Yonkers Avenue and is already numbered "857" which is in keeping with our ESU unit numbering.

MoFire390 and SageVigiles like this

It is my understanding based on a phone call too a friend that the units purchased in the region were $330,000.00 but the Yonkers unit was modified to accomplish local missions as well as the UASI Task Force Mission and cost over $400,000.00. Yonkers Police ESU were the lead on this project and are forming a task force which is going to consist of YPD ESU, YFD, Empress ambulance and OEM personnel. It will be a regional as well as a national asset and should be in service end of August. They haven't received it yet and have a lot of work still ahead before it hits the streets. Hopes this answers some of the questios.

PEMO3, SageVigiles, x4093k and 3 others like this