AndyC3J

New Apparatus Orders/Deliveries - All Areas Discussion Thread

816 posts in this topic

Prince George's County, MD is at Pierce for the final inspection of HAZMAT 816. Due to the size of the county, PGFD's HAZMAT Team includes three stations. Station 816 (Northview) is located somewhat centrally within the county and has the larger HAZMAT rig. A Breathing Air Unit, Decon Unit, and the Safety Officer also run out of that house. Station 812 (College Park) and Station 845 (Marlboro/Croom) have smaller HAZMAT Support Units (similar to a soda truck) to get things started until 816 arrives. The Technical Rescue Team is set up in a similar fashion for collapse, confined space, and high angle; with a large cache of centralized equipment and two satellite stations.

Photos are courtesy of PGFD Fire Chief Benjamin Barksdale on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BenBmbarksdale/status/864226221231616000/photo/1

HM816.thumb.jpg.d8b839761d09533623af6a243edf6b23.jpg

HM816_2.thumb.jpg.2fc6f30e58e40e546d6958c59f233b46.jpg

HM816_3.thumb.jpg.05cefa13a6d69d35246804861e1efd81.jpg

Edited by SageVigiles

Latest on  New Fort Lee Rescue Chassis was delivered & Body was placed on to the chassis this past Monday Truck committee was down at Rescue 1 plant Tuesday to view progress  Sorry guy's no pictures they are for committee members  I was told  ; ( have to wait til sometime in August it see the real thing It's going to be something quite different then the  present Rescue  Rumored to be going to wildwood this year too

Edited by vodoly
Westfield12 likes this

BMFD's Scarborough Engine Company (Engine 92) has formed a truck committee.

Westfield12 likes this

56 minutes ago, fdalumnus said:

john, what size pump and tank?

500 gpm, 300 gallons.

PCFD ENG58 and Westfield12 like this

Port Chester has approved funding for the replacement of Rescue 40.

Bond Resolution C-$1,000,000 Acquisition of a Fire Fighting Vehicle 20 years

Westfield12 likes this

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Port Chester has approved funding for the replacement of Rescue 40.

That's some big bucks for a new Rescue Are they getting all new tools for it? 

Westfield12 and FDNY 10-75 like this

I know communities operate differently. Having said that, in my area many cities have money for capital and equipment purchases separate from money for staff. So even if cities are having staffing issues capital projects, including vehicle purchases, still take place. I do agree though that a million seems excessive for a rescue. My Dept just got a 2016 rosenbauer commander rescue pumper with new jaws for $550,000.

vodoly and Westfield12 like this

Fair Lawn Heavy Rescue ordered a Spartan Rescue 1 Rescue to replace Rescue 1 Will be their 3rd unit built by Rescue 1 Cliffside park has a replacement for Engine 5 on next years capital budget Pierce I believe 

Edited by vodoly
Westfield12 likes this

18 hours ago, vodoly said:

Fair Lawn Heavy Rescue ordered a Spartan Rescue 1 Rescue to replace Rescue 1 Will be their 3rd unit built by Rescue 1 Cliffside park has a replacement for Engine 5 on next years capital budget Pierce I believe 

FL Rescue in production is only the 2nd from Rescue 1. The rescue they are replacing is a Spartan/3D.  The current R2 is a Spartan/Rescue 1. They also have an International/Hackney Haz-Mat that is also getting replaced with this new unit.

-Steve

Westfield12 likes this

3 hours ago, LED138 said:

FL Rescue in production is only the 2nd from Rescue 1. The rescue they are replacing is a Spartan/3D.  The current R2 is a Spartan/Rescue 1. They also have an International/Hackney Haz-Mat that is also getting replaced with this new unit.

-Steve

My Bad Alittle trivia for us Fair Lawn's Former Ford C E one is in service with Point Pleasant Beach First Aid Squad as a dive/water rescue unit 

23 hours ago, vodoly said:

My Bad Alittle trivia for us Fair Lawn's Former Ford C E one is in service with Point Pleasant Beach First Aid Squad as a dive/water rescue unit 

That is correct. I believe they are looking to replace it as well. Also, Fair Lawn Engine 3 is working on specs for a new Engine 3.... It will be pushing the current E-3 2001 Spartan/Saulsbury (a true Saulsbury) to Engine 5, which is the 2nd piece out of Co. 3 and also the Dept. spare. The current Engine 5, 1996 Duplex/Saulsbury (former E-1) will be retired.

1 hour ago, LED138 said:

That is correct. I believe they are looking to replace it as well. Also, Fair Lawn Engine 3 is working on specs for a new Engine 3.... It will be pushing the current E-3 2001 Spartan/Saulsbury (a true Saulsbury) to Engine 5, which is the 2nd piece out of Co. 3 and also the Dept. spare. The current Engine 5, 1996 Duplex/Saulsbury (former E-1) will be retired.

That Engine 3 Fair Lawn Has is a beautiful Piece Love the Mural 

On 6/13/2017 at 6:57 PM, vodoly said:

That Engine 3 Fair Lawn Has is a beautiful Piece Love the Mural 

Thanks. I gave Ed May the foundation for it, he brought it to life. And added several different features to it, If you know Ed there is always hidden features and a hidden story to his work. 

vodoly likes this

Thanks. I gave Ed May the foundation for it, he brought it to life. And added several different features to it, If you know Ed there is always hidden features and a hidden story to his work. 

Oh Yeah  Once heard & saw a cigar on Elmwood Park Truck 4's. Art work by him  Another beautiful job by him

Oh Yeah  Once heard & saw a cigar on Elmwood Park Truck 4's. Art work by him  Another beautiful job by him

Marlborough Fire District just put out to bid a replacement for the 1994 Duplex/Saulsbury Rescue

FDNY 10-75 and Westfield12 like this

On 6/29/2017 at 2:05 PM, 38ff said:

Marlborough Fire District just put out to bid a replacement for the 1994 Duplex/Saulsbury Rescue

I was only five, but I remember when Marlborough first got R-38-60. Probably my favorite rig when I was a kid.

38-60 will be for sale in a year or so.   You can own it.

SageVigiles likes this

Englewood Hospital & Medical Center has a 2017  Braun on a F450 4WD Chassis due to be delivered before the end of the year With 2nd one to be delivered in early 2018 I was told our new EMS director from Jersey City Medical Center 's a big fan of the F series Chassis 

Edited by vodoly
Westfield12 likes this

Saddle Brook Nj ordered a Pierce Impel 75 foot Quint Replacing a Pierce Pumper

Any photo's of the New New Rochelle apparatus.... Thanks

Latest on Fort Lee's new Rescue They took the present Rescue down to Rescue One so they can set up the storage & selves Also finalized Graphics here's a pic off of Rescue 1's facebook 

IMG_1532.JPG